Speak directly to the analyst to clarify any post sales queries you may have.
'Thailand Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report,' a new Country Intelligence Report by the publisher, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Thailand, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2026. Published annually, the report provides analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile and pay-TV segments, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
Total telecom and pay-TV service revenue in Thailand will increase from US$12.4 billion in 2021 to US$14.2 billion in 2026, at a CAGR of 2.8%, supported by steady growth in revenue from mobile data, pay-TV and fixed broadband.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Demographic and macroeconomic context in Thailand.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation, and more.
- Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data, and pay-TV markets.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom and pay-TV services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
- Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
- Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
- 4G subscriptions will account for 76.0% of total mobile subscriptions at end-2021 but will decline drastically to 33.9% by end-2026 due to subscriber migration to 5G.
- Fixed broadband penetration of population will increase from 18.8% in 2021 to 22.8% by year-end 2026, supported by government and operator efforts in expanding broadband connectivity to bridge the urban-rural digital gap in the country.
Reasons to Buy
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Thailand’s telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying the publisher’s Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Thailand’s mobile communications, fixed telephony, broadband and pay-TV markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Thailand’s telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Thailand.
Table of Contents
- Market highlights
- Demographic, macroeconomic, and regulatory context
- Demographic and macroeconomic context
- Regulatory context
- Telecom market outlook
- Total telecom service revenue
- Mobile services market
- Fixed services market
- Pay-TV services market
- Competitive landscape and company snapshots
- Competitive landscape
- Additional resources
- Baseline forecast assumptions
- Data tables
- Research methodology
- Country Intelligence Report coverage
- About The Publisher
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes: