Why Should You Attend:
Performing a corporate wide risk assessment can seem like a daunting task for an organization. In reality, it can be done using a template and brainstorming with internal auditors, certified fraud examiners and business unit leaders throughout your organization. Understanding your company’s risk environment is key to having an effective internal audit system; it helps to have significant experience in internal auditing and a mind for coming up with “what could go wrong” in any control environment.
This webinar will equip you with a methodology that has been utilized in a robust internal audit department for a billion-dollar revenue corporation. It will discuss key components of a risk assessment and management program, steps involved in the risk assessment process, and tips for continual refinement of audit projects.
- The key components of a risk assessment and management program.
- The template for a risk assessment and examples of typical projects that may come up in various departments.
- Brainstorming your industry and the unique types of projects that can be worthwhile projects.
- The methodology for a successful risk assessment process.
- The steps involved in the risk assessment process.
- Continual refinement of audit projects throughout the audit year.
SpeakersMarna Steuart has been in the audit industry for over twenty years. Ms. Steuart began her career with a big four firm as an external auditor, then as an internal auditor in different capacities in various industries. Ms. Steuart has performed collective bargaining contracts, and construction contract audits of several third-party contracts. She has also performed vendor contract audits of purchase power contracts and third-party vendor contracts for services throughout her career as an internal auditor. She has firsthand knowledge of where to look in a contract for possible risks and of case studies that would save thousands of dollars’ for organizations.
Who Should Attend
- Internal audit personnel involved in performing the annual risk assessment
- Internal audit management interested in performing a risk assessment
- Professionals responsible for performing risk assessment duties
- Risk/compliance officers from any in