Why Should You Attend:
The agencies that comprise the Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council (FFIEC) released an update of the FFIEC Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering (BSA/AML) Examination Manual. The revised manual provides current guidance on risk-based policies, procedures, and processes for banking organizations to comply with the BSA and safeguard operations from money laundering and terrorist financing.
This webinar will go section-by-section of the manual to highlight areas where banks should review their internal policies, processes and procedures to ensure they are in compliance and discuss changes to BSA requirements since the 2014 manual was released.
- AML Risk Assessment
- BSA/AML Compliance Program
- Customer Identification Program (CIP)
- Customer Due Diligence/Enhanced Due Diligence (CDD/EDD)
- Suspicious Activity and Currency Transaction Reporting
- Foreign Correspondent Accounts and Recordkeeping
- International Transportation of Currency or Monetary Instruments Reporting (CMIR)
- Bulk Shipments of Currency
- Automated Clearing House (ACH) Transactions and Third-Party Service Providers
- Prepaid Access
- Third-Party Payment Processors
- Embassy, Foreign Consulate, and Foreign Mission Accounts
- Non-Bank Financial Institutions
- Cash Intensive Businesses
- Nongovernmental Organizations and Charities
SpeakersDr. Gina J. Lowdermilk,PhD (ABD), CAMS, CRMS is a highly experienced and educated BSA/AML and Financial Regulatory Compliance professional with extensive policy and procedure development and implementation, training, internal audit, monitoring, risk management, and reporting experience. Her emphasis has been working with financial institutions that are experiencing regulatory concerns and resolutions, including enforcement actions such as memorandums of understanding and cease and desist orders. Her 15 years of experience has given her the opportunity to work from small community banks to large, international financial institutions. Her roles not only included BSA/AML and Compliance, but also operations, lending services, business development, marketing, management, department development, and asset quality.
Ms. Lowdermilk has worked with all of the financial regulators and examiners. She possesses advanced Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Internet Explorer, Visio, and Access skills. She also has experience with FiServ, BAM, CRA Wiz, TeamMate, COGNOS, and Metavante banking software. She has been responsible for creating both recurring and ad hoc executive management and board presentations. In addition to her above experience, she is also an adjunct instructor for the business and construction management programs at a local college, as well as writes numerous BSA/AML and Compliance articles, training materials, and manuals as requested from numerous clients.
Who Should Attend
- BSA/AML Compliance Officers at banks and MSBs
- Front Line BSA/AML Staff
- Internal and Independent Auditors
- Bank and MSB Staff with Roles and Responsibilities in BSA/AML Management and Oversight
- Risk and Compliance Management
- Consultants in the AML/BSA Industry specializing in MSBs