Retirement Communities Global Market Opportunities And Strategies To 2023 report from the author provides the strategists, marketers and senior management with the critical information they need to assess the global retirement communities market.
Reasons to Purchase:
- Outperform competitors using accurate up to date demand-side dynamics information.
- Identify growth segments for investment.
- Facilitate decision making on the basis of historic and forecast data and the drivers and restraints on the market.
- Create regional and country strategies on the basis of local data and analysis.
- Stay abreast of the latest customer and market research findings
- Benchmark performance against key competitors.
- Develop strategies based on likely future developments.
- Utilize the relationships between key data sets for superior strategizing.
- Suitable for supporting your internal and external presentations with reliable high-quality data and analysis
- Gain a global perspective on the development of the market.
Where is the largest and fastest-growing market for the retirement community market? How does the market relate to the overall economy, demography and other similar markets? What forces will shape the market going forward? The global retirement communities market opportunities and strategies to 2023 report from the author answers all these questions and many more.
The report covers the following chapters:
- Executive Summary – The executive summary section of the report gives a brief overview and summary of the report.
- Report Structure – This section gives the structure of the report and the information covered in the various sections.
- Introduction - This section gives the segmentation of the retirement communities market by geography and segmentation by community type covered in this report.
- Market Characteristics – The market characteristics section of the report defines and explains the retirement communities market. This chapter includes different services covered in the report and basic definitions.
- Supply Chain – The supply chain section of the report defines and explains the key players in the retirement communities industry supply chain.
- Customer Information – This chapter covers recent customers’ trends/preferences in the global retirement communities market.
- Trends And Strategies – This chapter describes the major trends shaping the global retirement community market. This section highlights likely future developments in the market and suggests approaches companies can take to exploit these opportunities.
- PESTEL Analysis – This chapter provides the market opportunity assessment using the PESTEL analysis of the global retirement community market.
- Global Market Size And Growth – This section contains the global historic (2015 – 2019) and forecast (2019 – 2023) market values, and drivers and restraints that support and restrain the growth of the market in the historic and forecast periods.
- Regional Analysis – This section contains the historic (2015 – 2019), forecast (2019 – 2023) market value and growth and market share comparison by region.
- Segmentation – This section contains the market values (2015 - 2023) and analysis for different segments in the market.
- Global Macro Comparison – The global retirement communities market comparison with macro-economic factors gives the retirement communities market size, percentage of GDP, and average retirement communities market expenditure.
- Regional Market Size and Growth – This section contains the region’s market size (2019), historic and forecast (2015 - 2023) market values, and growth and market share comparison of major countries within the region. This report includes information on all the regions (Asia Pacific, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, North America, South America, Middle East, and Africa).
- Competitive Landscape – This section covers details on the competitive landscape of the global retirement communities market, estimated market shares and company profiles of the leading players.
- Key Mergers And Acquisitions – This chapter gives information on recent mergers and acquisitions in the market covered in the report. This section gives key financial details of mergers and acquisitions that have shaped the market in recent years.
- Market Background – This section describes the nursing care services market of which the retirement community market is a segment. This chapter includes the nursing care market 2015-23 values and regional analyses for the nursing care services market.
- Conclusions And Recommendations – This section includes conclusions and recommendations based on the findings of the research. This section gives information on growth opportunities across countries, segments and strategies to be followed in those markets. It gives an understanding of where there is a significant business to be gained by competitors in the next five years.
- Appendix – This section includes details on the NAICS codes covered, abbreviations and currencies codes used in this report.
- By Community Type: Assisted Living Facilities With Nursing Care; Assisted Living Facilities; Continuing Care Retirement Communities; Rest Homes
- Companies Mentioned: HC-One Ltd.; Brookdale Senior Living Inc.; Five Star Senior Living; Holiday Retirement; Sunrise Senior Living
- Countries: China, Japan, India, Australia, USA, Brazil, UK, Germany, France, Spain, Italy, Russia
- Regions: Asia Pacific, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, North America, South America, Middle East, Africa
- Time-series: Five years historic and forecast.
- Data: Ratios of market size and growth to related markets, GDP proportions, expenditure per capita
- Data segmentations: country and regional historic and forecast data, market share of competitors, market segments.
- Sourcing and Referencing: Data and analysis throughout the report is sourced using end notes.
Table of Contents
1. Retirement Communities Market Executive Summary2. Table of Contents3. List of Figures4. List of Tables5. Report Structure
6.1.2. Segmentation By Type Of Community
7.2. Segmentation By Community Type
7.2.1. Continuing Care Retirement Communities
7.2.2. Rest Homes
7.2.3. Assisted Living Facilities
7.2.4. Assisted Living Facilities With Nursing Care
8.2. Retirement Communities
8.3. Other Service Providers
9.2. Living In Retirement Villages Is An Attractive Proposition For Seniors In The UK
9.3. Assisted Living Facilities Observed Inadequate Care Planning
9.4. Convenient Location Is The Top Priority For Choosing A Retirement Community
9.5. Large Demand-Supply Gap In Retirement Housing In The UK
9.6. Assisted Living Residents Are Satisfied With Their Quality Of Life At Retirement Communities
9.7. Older People Are More Likely To Adopt Sensors Than Younger Generations
9.8. Chinese Seniors Are Willing To Spend More On Upmarket Nursing Homes
9.9. Provision Of Special Services In Residential Care Communities
10.2. Big Data Analytics Adoption In Retirement Communities
10.3. Individualized Service Plans
10.4. Telehealth To Improve Senior Health Care
10.5. Eco-Friendly Alternatives For Retirement Communities
10.6. Implementation Of Smart And Inclusive Layouts
10.7. Adoption Of Smart Home Technology
10.8. Adoption Of Electronic Health Records (EHR)
11. Retirement Communities Market Opportunity Assessment, PESTEL Analysis
11.1.1. Government Initiatives And Subsidies
11.1.2. Government Intervention And Bureaucracy
11.2.1. Emerging Markets
11.2.2. Low Long-Term Interest Rates
11.3.1. Aging Global Population
11.3.2. Changing Social Behavior
11.3.3. Disposable Income
11.4.1. Technological Advances
11.4.2. IoT And Wearable Technology
11.4.3. Social Media And Internet Penetration
11.5.1. Natural Disasters
11.6.1. Workforce Laws And Regulations
11.6.2. Tax Exemptions
12.2. Historic Market Growth, Value ($ Billion)
12.2.1. Drivers Of The Market 2015-2019
12.2.2. Restraints On The Market 2015-2019
12.3. Forecast Market Growth, Value ($ Billion)
12.3.1. Drivers Of The Market 2019-2023
12.3.2. Restraints On The Market 2019-2023
13.2. Global Retirement Communities Market, 2015 – 2023, Historic And Forecast, By Region
13.3. Global Retirement Communities Market, 2019-2023, Growth And Market Share Comparison, By Region
13.4. Global Retirement Communities Market, 2019, By Country, Value ($ Billion)
13.5. Global Retirement Communities Market, 2015 – 2023, Historic And Forecast, By Country
13.6. Global Retirement Communities Market, 2019 - 2023, Growth And Market Share Comparison, By Country
14.1.1. Continuing Care Retirement Communities
14.1.2. Assisted Living Facilities
14.1.3. Assisted Living Facilities With Nursing Care
14.1.4. Rest Homes
15.2. Per Capita Average Retirement Communities Market Expenditure, Global
16.2. Per Capita Average Retirement Communities Market Expenditure, By Country
17.1.1. Region Information
17.1.2. Market Information
17.1.3. Background Information
17.1.4. Government Initiatives
17.1.5. Regulatory Bodies
17.1.8. Taxes Levied
17.1.9. Corporate Tax
17.1.11. Major Companies
17.2. Asia-Pacific Retirement Communities Market, Segmentation By Type, 2015 - 2023, Value ($ Billion)
17.3. Asia-Pacific Retirement Communities Market: Country Analysis
17.4. China Retirement Communities Market
17.5. China Retirement Communities Market Overview
17.5.1. Country Information
17.5.2. Market Information
17.5.3. Background Information
17.5.4. Government Initiatives
17.5.5. Regulatory Bodies
17.5.8. Taxes Levied
17.5.9. Corporate Tax
17.5.11. Major Companies
17.6. China Retirement Communities Market, Segmentation By Type, 2015 - 2023, Value ($ Billion)
17.7. India Retirement Communities Market
17.8. India Retirement Communities Market Overview
17.8.1. Country Information
17.8.2. Market Information
17.8.3. Background Information
17.8.4. Government Initiatives
17.8.5. Regulatory Bodies
17.8.8. Taxes Levied
17.8.9. Corporate Tax
17.8.11. Major Companies
17.9. India Retirement Communities Market, Segmentation By Type, 2015 - 2023, Value ($ Billion)
17.10. Japan Retirement Communities Market
17.11. Japan Retirement Communities Market Overview
17.11.1. Country Information
17.11.2. Market Information
17.11.3. Background Information
17.11.4. Regulatory Bodies
17.11.7. Taxes Levied
17.11.8. Corporate Tax
17.11.10. Major Companies
17.12. Japan Retirement Communities Market, Segmentation By Type, 2015 - 2023, Value ($ Billion)
17.13. Australia Retirement Communities Market
17.14. Australia Retirement Communities Market, Segmentation By Type, 2015 - 2023, Value ($ Billion)
18.1.1. Region Information
18.1.2. Market Information
18.1.3. Background Information
18.1.4. Government Initiatives
18.1.5. Regulatory Bodies
18.1.8. Corporate Tax
18.1.10. Major Companies
18.2. Western Europe Retirement Communities Market, Segmentation By Type, 2015 - 2023, Value ($ Billion)
18.3. Western Europe Retirement Communities Market: Country Analysis
18.4. UK Retirement Communities Market
18.5. UK Retirement Communities Market Overview
18.5.1. Country Information
18.5.2. Market Information
18.5.3. Background Information
18.5.4. Government Initiatives
18.5.5. Regulatory Bodies
18.5.8. Corporate Tax
18.5.10. Major Companies
18.6. UK Retirement Communities Market, Segmentation By Type, 2015 - 2023, Value ($ Billion)
18.7. Germany Retirement Communities Market
18.8. Germany Retirement Communities Market, Segmentation By Type, 2015 - 2023, Value ($ Billion)
18.9. France Retirement Communities Market
18.10. France Retirement Communities Market, Segmentation By Type, 2015 - 2023, Value ($ Billion)
18.11. Italy Retirement Communities Market
18.12. Italy Retirement Communities Market, Segmentation By Type, 2015 - 2023, Value ($ Billion)
18.13. Spain Retirement Communities Market
18.14. Spain Retirement Communities Market, Segmentation By Type, 2015 - 2023, Value ($ Billion)
19.1.1. Region Information
19.1.2. Market Information
19.1.3. Background Information
19.1.4. Government Initiatives
19.1.5. Regulatory Bodies
19.1.8. Corporate Tax
19.1.10. Major Companies
19.2. Eastern Europe Retirement Communities Market, Segmentation By Type, 2015 - 2023, Value ($ Billion)
19.3. Eastern Europe Retirement Communities Market: Country Analysis
19.4. Russia Retirement Communities Market
19.5. Russia Retirement Communities Market, Segmentation By Type, 2015 - 2023, Value ($ Billion)
20.1.1. Region Information
20.1.2. Market Information
20.1.3. Background Information
20.1.4. Government Initiatives
20.1.5. Regulatory Bodies
20.1.8. Taxes Levied
20.1.9. Corporate Tax
20.1.11. Major Companies
20.2. North America Retirement Communities Market, Segmentation By Type, 2015 - 2023, Value ($ Billion)
20.3. North America Retirement Communities Market: Country Analysis
20.4. USA Retirement Communities Market
20.5. USA Retirement Communities Market Overview
20.5.1. Country Information
20.5.2. Market Information
20.5.3. Background Information
20.5.4. Government Initiatives
20.5.5. Regulatory Bodies
20.5.8. Taxes Levied
20.5.9. Corporate Tax
20.5.11. Major Companies
20.6. USA Retirement Communities Market, Segmentation By Type, 2015 - 2023, Value ($ Billion)
21.1.1. Region/Country Information
21.1.2. Market Information
21.1.3. Background Information
21.1.4. Government Initiatives
21.1.6. Corporate Tax
21.1.7. Tax Levied
21.1.9. Major Companies
21.2. South America Retirement Communities Market, Segmentation By Type, 2015 - 2023, Value ($ Billion)
21.3. South America Retirement Communities Market: Country Analysis
21.4. Brazil Retirement Communities Market
21.5. Brazil Retirement Communities Market, Segmentation By Type, 2015 - 2023, Value ($ Billion)
22.1.1. Region Information
22.1.2. Market Information
22.1.3. Background Information
22.1.4. Government Initiatives
22.1.5. Regulatory Bodies
22.1.8. Taxes Levied
22.1.9. Corporate Tax
22.1.11. Major Companies
22.2. Middle East Retirement Communities Market, Segmentation By Type, 2015 - 2023, Value ($ Billion)
23.1.1. Region Information
23.1.2. Market Information
23.1.3. Background Information
23.1.4. Regulatory Bodies
23.1.7. Taxes Levied
23.1.8. Corporate Tax
23.1.10. Major Companies
23.2. Africa Retirement Communities Market, Segmentation By Type, 2015 - 2023, Value ($ Billion)
24.2. HC-One Ltd.
24.2.1. Company Overview
24.2.2. Products And Services
24.2.3. Business Strategy
24.2.4. Financial Overview
24.3. Brookdale Senior Living Inc.
24.3.1. Company Overview
24.3.2. Products And Services
24.3.3. Business Strategy
24.3.4. Financial Overview
24.4. Five Star Senior Living
24.4.1. Company Overview
24.4.2. Products And Services
24.4.3. Business Strategy
24.4.4. Financial Overview
24.5. Holiday Retirement
24.5.1. Company Overview
24.5.2. Products And Services
24.5.3. Business Strategy
24.5.4. Financial Overview
24.6. Sunrise Senior Living
24.6.1. Company Overview
24.6.2. Products And Services
24.6.3. Business Strategy
24.6.4. Financial Overview
25.2. Legend Senior Living Acquired Brookdale Hutchinson Community
25.3. Bloom Senior Living LLC Acquired Indiana Senior Home
25.4. The Ensign Group Acquired Texas Senior Housing Communities
25.5. Churches Of Christ Acquired Sugarland Gardens Retirement Village
25.6. WellTower Acquired Premier California Senior Living Group
25.7. Cathedral Village Merged With Presbyterian Senior Living
25.8. Brookdale Senior Living Merged With Emeritus Corporation
26.1.1. Market Definition
26.1.2. Segmentation By Service Type
26.2. Global Nursing Care Market, Segmentation By Type, 2015 - 2023, Value ($ Billion)
26.3. Global Nursing Care Market, 2019, By Region, Value ($ Billion)
26.4. Global Nursing Care Market, 2015 - 2023, Historic And Forecast, By Region
27.2. Global Retirement Communities Market In 2023 – Segments Offering Most New Opportunities
27.3. Global Retirement Communities Market In 2023 – Growth Strategies
27.3.1. Market Trend Based Strategies
27.3.2. Competitor Strategies
29.2. NAICS Definitions Of Industry Covered In This Report
29.3. Research Methodology
29.4. Competitor Market Share Data
29.5. Market Numbers
29.7. Research Inquiries
This report describes and evaluates the global retirement community market. It covers two five-year periods, 2015 to 2019, termed the historic period, and 2019 through 2023, the forecast period.
The global retirement communities market reached a value of nearly $218.6 billion in 2019, having grown at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.6% since 2015, and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 9.8% to nearly $317.4 billion by 2023.
Growth in the historic period resulted from the aging populations in developed and developing countries and rapid economic growth in emerging markets driving the increase in disposable income. Factors that negatively affected growth in the historic period were low access to retirement communities in emerging economies, select medical insurance coverage in the USA limiting the potential end-users of retirement communities, and weak wage growth in developed economies. Going forward, the aging global population, increasing healthcare access especially in developing countries and global economic growth will drive growth. Factors that could hinder the growth of the retirement communities market in the future include an expected increase in bankruptcy cases among retirement communities mainly in developed markets, shortages of skilled human resources such as nurses and other healthcare workers and insufficient public health insurance coverage, particularly in developing countries.
The retirement communities market is segmented by community type into assisted living facilities with nursing care, assisted living facilities, continuing care retirement communities and rest homes. The continuing care retirement community market was the largest segment of the retirement community market, accounting for $106.5 billion or 48.7% of the total in 2019. The assisted living facilities market is expected to be the fastest-growing segment going forward at a CAGR of 12.2%.
Western Europe was the largest region in the retirement communities market, accounting for 41.6% of the global market in 2019. It was followed by North America, Asia-Pacific and then the other regions. Going forward, the fastest growing regions in the retirement communities market will be the Middle East and Africa, where growth will be at CAGRs of 17.3% and 16.1% respectively. These will be followed by Asia-Pacific and South America, where the markets are expected to grow at CAGRs of 15.6% and 12.9% respectively.
The global retirement community market is highly fragmented, with a large number of small players. The top ten players of the market constitute only 6.6% of the market. However, this is expected to change during the forecast period as the majority of the players are trying to grow inorganically by acquiring smaller companies to expand their geographical outreach. Major players in the market include HC-One Ltd., Brookdale Senior Living Inc., Five Star Senior Living, Holiday Retirement, Sunrise Senior Living and others.
The global home health care and residential nursing care services market, of which the retirement communities market is a segment, reached a value of nearly $1,010.0 billion in 2019, having grown at 4.2% since 2015. It will grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.5% to nearly $1,299.3 billion by 2023. The retirement community market was the third-largest segment in the global home health care and residential nursing care services market, accounting for 21.6% of the total in 2019. The nursing care facilities market was the largest segment of the home health care and residential nursing care services market, accounting for 44.0% of the total of $444.2 billion globally and has grown at a CAGR of 2.5% during the historic period. The retirement community market is expected to grow the fastest at a CAGR of 9.8% during the forecast period.
The top opportunities in the global retirement communities market will arise in the continuing care retirement communities segment which will gain $34.6 billion of global annual sales by 2023. The retirement communities’ market size will gain the most in the USA at $11.82 billion. Market-trend-based strategies for the retirement community market include investing in wearable technologies and communication systems, developing customized services to provide individualized care to residents, implementing barrier-free designs in retirement communities and adopting smart home technology. Player-adopted strategies in the retirement communities industry include expanding operations and improving service offerings through mergers and acquisitions, expanding the business by launching new care homes and improving performance through restructured plans.
To take advantage of the opportunities, the author recommends the retirement community developers focus on expanding in countries with large geriatric population, consider collaborating with the it companies and high-end medical devices companies to offer quality services to the retirement communities, focus on adopting latest technologies to improve quality of life of retirement communities and increase visibility through a high-performance website.
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Absolute Care LLC
- Activelife, Ltd.
- Amica Retirement Homes
- Ashiana Housing
- Beit Avot
- Bloom Senior Living LLC
- Brookdale Hutchinson Community
- Brookdale Senior Living
- Cathedral Village
- Churches Of Christ
- Collins Residential
- Covai Property Centre (I) Private Limited
- Delmanor Seniors’ Communities
- Diur Mugan
- Eden Retirement Living
- Emeritus Corporation
- Faircape Retirement Holdings
- Five Star Senior Living
- Golden Heights
- HC-One Ltd.
- Holiday Retirement
- Housing 21
- Indiana Senior Home
- Legend Senior Living
- Lendlease Corp.
- Methodist Homes
- Nikkyou Create Ltd.
- Oak Tree
- Premier California Senior Living Group
- Presbyterian Senior Living
- Residencia Lourdes
- Rossetti Care
- Senior Living Communities LLC
- Serena Senior Care
- Sugarland Gardens Retirement Village
- Sun City Hilton Head and Sun City Huntley
- Texas Senior Housing Communities
- The Blackburn Home
- The Ensign Group
- The Smiles Foundation
- Wildewood Downs
- Yuryo Rojin Home