Advanced Functional Solid Catalysts for Biomass Valorization presents the basic concepts in catalysis (homogeneous, heterogeneous, and enzymatic) and the properties of various kinds of heterogeneous solid catalysts, including their structure, porosity, particle size, BET surface area, acid-base, and redox properties. Useful information about biorefineries, types of biomass feedstocks, their structures and properties as well as about several potential catalytic routes for biomass upgrading to useful fuels and chemicals is provided in this book. Importantly, this book covers the most recent developments toward functionalization of various solid catalysts, optimization of catalysts' properties, developing cascade catalytic strategies, exploring reaction kinetics/mechanisms, and evaluating catalysts' stability/reusability during biomass upgrading. Current challenges and opportunities for the future biorefineries as well as for the design of advanced functional solid catalysts are critically discussed.
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
1. The role of catalysis in green synthesis of chemicals for sustainable future
2. Production techniques of functional solid catalysts
3. Properties of functional solid catalysts and their characterization using various analytical techniques
4. Classification, characterization, and properties of edible and non-edible biomass feedstocks
5. Heteroatom modified carbon nanomaterials as metal-free catalysts for lignocellulosic carbohydrate valorization
6. Zeolite-related catalysts for biomass-derived sugar valorization
7. Mesoporous silica-related catalysts for biomass valorization
8. Metal-organic frameworks-based catalysts for biomass valorization
9. Functional magnetic catalysts for the synthesis of biomass-derived fuels and chemicals
10. Challenges and future prospects in heterogeneous catalysis for biorefinery technologies
Chaudhery Mustansar Hussain is an Adjunct Professor and Lab Director in the Department of Chemistry & Environmental Sciences at the New Jersey Institute of Technology (NJIT), Newark, New Jersey, United States. His research is focused on Environmental Management, Nanotechnology & Advanced Materials, and Analytical Chemistry and Various Industries. Dr. Hussain is the author of numerous papers in peerreviewed journals as well as prolific author and editor of several scientific monographs and handbooks in his research areas published with Elsevier.
Putla Sudarsanam Catalysis Division, CSIR-National Chemical Laboratory, Pune, Maharashtra, India.
Dr. Putla Sudarsanam is a Scientist at the Catalysis Division, CSIR-National Chemical Laboratory, Pune, Maharashtra, India. He obtained his PhD in Chemistry, 2015 from CSIR-Indian Institute of Chemical Technology, Hyderabad, Telangana, India. He has published about 55 peer-reviewed journal articles and 4 book chapters (Citations: 2150 and H-index: 30). His research mainly focuses on developing advanced solid catalysts for biomass valorization, CO2-to-chemicals conversion, and environmental catalysis. He has been honored for his outstanding contributions with numerous prestigious awards/fellowships, including Marie Sklodowska-Curie Fellowship-2016 (Belgium), Leibniz-DAAD Postdoc Fellowship-2016 (Germany), Best PhD Thesis Award-2015 (The Catalysis Society of India), EuropaCat PhD Student Award-2013 (XIth European Congress on Catalysis, France), and Endeavour Research Fellowship-2013 (Australia).