Part of the practical and dynamic Procedures in Cosmetic Dermatology Series, Chemical Peels, 3rd Edition, brings you up to speed with today's best uses of traditional and new acids for skin rejuvenation. This well-organized, superbly illustrated text covers every aspect of this must-know field, including patient evaluation, skin preparation, procedural technique from light peels to advanced deep peels, and managing complications. Dr. Suzan Obagi leads a team of global experts to offer evidence-based, procedural how-to's and step-by-step advice on proper techniques, pitfalls, and tricks of the trade, so you can successfully incorporate the latest procedures into your practice.
- Features many new chapters dedicated to specific peels or skin conditions: trichloroacetic acid (TCA) peels of the chest, neck, and upper extremities; peels as an adjuvant treatment of acne; chemical peels in male patients; several chapters on unique approaches to acne scars; a chapter on combining peels with surgical procedures; and several chapters on safely performing deeper, modified phenol peels.
- Covers new acid formulas, new peel types, and need-to-know procedures such as the combined Jessner-TCA-retinoid peel and how to vary technique for darker skin types.
- Features a well-organized format with key points lists, pearls, and case studies as they appear in practice.
- Includes many new images and procedural videos that depict exactly how to perform the techniques, allowing you to easily incorporate chemical peels into your practice and take your knowledge of chemical peels to the next level.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.