1h Free Analyst TimeTourism Potential Index 2019
Speak directly to the analyst to clarify any post sales queries you may have.
The Tourism Potential Index (TPI) is designed to provide a standardized view of the underlying level of potential for expansion in the tourism sectors of 60 major developed and emerging markets around the world.
- Japan obtains the highest potential score and is expected to experience the largest increase in the number of tourists. These results can be explained by the impact of the 2019 Rugby World Cup and the 2020 Olympics, which helped the development of tourism infrastructure and should bring a large number of international visitors.
- On the other hand, researchers forecasts the lowest increase for South Africa, something also reflected in the very low potential score obtained by the country.
- France is expected to remain the most visited country in the world but more than a year of civil unrest (mainly driven by the “yellow vest” movement) and the potential impact of Brexit (the UK being its main source market) might slow down the tourism growth and make the country fall short of its objective of 100 million visitors by 2020.
- With a projected CAGR of 8.6%, Vietnam is the fastest growing tourism sector in the already popular South-East Asia region
- The Tourism Potential Index (TPI) is designed to provide a standardized view of the underlying level of potential for expansion in the tourism sectors of 60 major developed and emerging markets around the world.
Reasons to buy
- The Tourism Potential Index uses analysis and numerous data sources to provide an aggregated view of the global tourism market.
- The report uses a robust methodology to give the reader a clear insight into the potential of 60 key tourist markets over the next year.
Table of Contents
- Methodology Brief
- Market Forecast
- Overview Star Rating
- Business tourism
- Country in Focus: Japan
- Country in Focus: Mexico
- Country in Focus: Saudi Arabia
- Country in Focus: Spain