The Report Includes:
- An overview of the emerging market opportunities for synthetic spider silk
- Coverage of technological background, application areas, and recent developments in the synthetic spider silk market
- Outlining details of mass production and commercialization of spider silk; and challenges associated thereby
- Information on ongoing and pipeline R&D projects in the synthetic spider silk market sphere
This key objective for this study is to provide an introductory analysis of the synthetic spider silk industry and its enormous market potential. Synthetic spider silk includes spider silk protein and products produced from various methods, but not silk produced by spider itself. The goal of this report is to provide an up-to-date analysis of recent developments and current trends in the global synthetic spider silk market. This report involves systematic research to quantify the projected impact of both internal and external factors that are affecting the global synthetic spider silk market. In this study, the synthetic spider silk market is extensively defined, as is the current market competitive situation. In the end, this will benefit both consumers and suppliers.
This market report will:
- Define the global synthetic spider silk market.
- Analyze current and future prospects of the synthetic spider silk market.
- Analyze the market based on product type and application.
- Identify market trends and issues, and forecast factors which could impact the market.
- Study various applications of synthetic spider silk.
- List ongoing and pipeline R&D projects in the market.
- Define recent advancements and innovations.
- Identify areas of growth within the market.
Reasons for Doing this Study
The principal reason behind writing this report is to present a current assessment of the synthetic spider silk market from both a technological and market point of view, and to outline future trends and key developments. There is also a need to evaluate the present status and future trends of this market from a global standpoint. As the use of synthetic spider silk-based products expands and new fields of application emerge, information regarding the market and regional market trends becomes more valuable. This information can assist companies in identifying opportunities for process and productivity improvements, as well as new product development, resulting in a positive impact on future market growth. The increasing number of conferences and growth in company investments and R&D spending, along with increasing competition, as well as technologies, are giving the market a new direction.
Chapter 1 Introduction
- Study Goals and Objectives
- Reasons for Doing this Study
- Intended Audience
- An Introduction to Spider Silk
- What is Spider Silk?
- How is Silk Produced by Spiders?
- Mass Production and Commercialization of Spider Silk
- Challenges in Mass Production Using Spiders
- Technological Background
- Previous Attempts at Synthetic Spider Silk Production
- Synthetic Spider Silk Production Using Genetically Modified Silkworm
- Synthetic Spider Silk Production Using Genetically Modified Yeast Fermentation
- Synthetic Spider Silk Production Using Genetically Modified E. Coli Fermentation
- Application Areas of Spider Silk
- Spider Silk in Electronics Applications
- Spider Silk Optics
- Spider Silk in Medical Applications
- Spider Silk Replacing Nylon
- Spider Silk in Automobile Airbags
- Spider Silk in Defense and Military
- Developments in the Synthetic Spider Silk Market
- AMSilk Produces Silicone Implants Coated with Spider Silk Protein
- Chinese Researchers Make Their Move on Spider Silk
- Kraig Biocraft Laboratories Inc. Heading Towards Spider Silk Commercial Launch
- Is Spider Silk Future's Biosteel?
- Analyst's Credentials
- Related Reports
List of Tables
Table 1: Types of Spider Silk and Uses
Table 2: Different Hosts and Their Origins Used for Spider Silk Synthesis
List of Figures
Figure 1: Application Areas of Sider Silk Products
Figure 2: Global Technical Textiles Market, 2018-2025
Figure 3: Global Surgical Sutures Market, 2018-2025
Figure 4: Global Artificial Skin Market, 2018-2025
Figure 5: Global Nylon Market, 2018-2025
Figure 6: Global Aramid Fiber Market, 2018-2025