Emerging trends, which have a direct impact on the dynamics of the UK composites industry, include development of low-cost carbon fibers as well as high performance glass fiber, and development of rapid cure resin systems.
A total of 67 figures/charts and 49 tables are provided in this 170 -page report to help in your business decisions. To learn the scope of, benefits, companies researched and other details of the UK composites market, then read this report.
The study includes the UK composites market size and forecast for the UK composites market through 2024, segmented by end use industry, by manufacturing process, by fiber type, and resin type as follows:
UK Composites Market by End Use Industry ($ Million and Million Pounds shipment analysis for 2013 to 2024):
- Wind Energy
- Aerospace and Defense
- Glass Composites
- Carbon Composites
- Unsaturated Polyester (UPR) Composites
- Epoxy Composites
- Polyamide Composites
- Polypropylene Composites
- Vinyl Ester Composites
- Others Composites
- Hand Layup
- Spray Up
- Resin Infusion
- Injection Molding
- Compression Molding
- Prepreg Layup
By resin type, thermoset and thermoplastic resins are used to make composite parts. In thermoset, polyester composite is expected to remain the largest market by volume consumption. In thermoplastic resins, polyamide (PA) is expected to remain the largest market by value and volume consumption due to increasing demand in transportation and consumer goods applications.
Within this market, transportation will remain the largest market by value and volume due to increasing demand for lightweight materials to achieve higher fuel efficiency and to reduce green house gas emissions. Wind energy is expected to witness the highest growth over the forecast period due to growth in offshore wind turbine installations.
Some of the features of this report:
- Market size estimates: UK composites market size estimation in terms of value ($M) and volume (Million Pounds) shipment.
- Trend and forecast analysis: Market trend (2013-2018) and forecast (2019-2024) by application, and end use industry.
- Segmentation analysis: UK composites market size by various applications such as end use industry, manufacturing process, fiber type, and resin segment in terms of value and volume shipment.
- Regional analysis: UK composites market breakdown by North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and the Rest of the World.
- Growth opportunities: Analysis on growth opportunities in different applications and regions in the UK composites market.
- Strategic analysis: This includes M&A, new product development, and competitive landscape in the UK composites market.
- Analysis of competitive intensity of the industry based on Porter’s Five Forces model.
Q.1 What are some of the most promising potential, growth opportunities for the UK composites market by end use application (transportation, construction, aerospace and defense, wind energy, and others), by fiber type (glass composites and carbon composites),and by resin type (UPR composites, epoxy composites, vinyl ester composites, polyamide composites and polypropylene composites and other composites) and by manufacturing process (hand layup, spray up, resin infusion, pultrusion, injection molding, compression molding, prepreg layup and others)?
Q.2 Which segments will grow at a faster pace and why?
Q.3 Which regions will grow at a faster pace and why?
Q.4 What are the key factors affecting market dynamics? What are the drivers and challenges of the UK composites market?
Q.5 What are the business risks and threats to the UK composites market?
Q.6 What are emerging trends in this UK composites market and the reasons behind them?
Q.7 What are some changing demands of customers in the UK composites market?
Q.8 What are the new developments in the UK composites market? Which companies are leading these developments?
Q.9 Who are the leading players in this UK composites market? What strategic initiatives are being implemented by key players for business growth?
Q.10 What are some of the competitive products and processes in this UK composites area and to what extent do they pose a threat for loss of market share via material or product substitution?
Q.11 What M & A activities have taken place in the last five years in this UK composites market?
2. Market Background and Classifications
2.1: Introduction, Background, and Classifications
2.2: Supply Chain
2.3: Industry Drivers and Challenges
3. Market Trends and Forecast Analysis from 2013 to 2024
3.1: Macroeconomic Trends and Forecast
3.2: UK Composites Market Trends and Forecast
3.3: UK Composites Market by End Use Application
3.3.1: Aerospace and Defense
3.3.3: Wind Energy
3.4: UK Composites Market by Fiber Type
3.4.1: Glass Composites
3.4.2: Carbon Composites
3.5: UK Composites Market by Resin Type
3.5.1: UPR Composites
3.5.2: Epoxy Composites
3.5.3: Vinyl Ester Composites
3.5.4: PA Composites
3.5.5: PP Composites
3.5.6: Others Composites
3.6: UK Composites Market by Manufacturing Process
4. Competitor Analysis
4.1: Product Portfolio Analysis
4.2: Operational Integration
4.3: Geographical Reach
4.4: Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
5. Growth Opportunities and Strategic Analysis
5.1: Growth Opportunity Analysis
5.1.1: Growth Opportunities for the UK Composites Market by End Use Application
5.1.2: Growth Opportunities for the UK Composites Market by Fiber Type
5.1.3: Growth Opportunities for the UK Composites Market by Resin Type
5.1.4: Growth Opportunities for the UK Composites Market by Manufacturing Process
5.2: Emerging Trends for UK Composites Market
5.3: Strategic Analysis
5.3.1: New Product Development
5.3.2: Mergers, Acquisitions and Joint Ventures
5.3.3: Capacity Expansion
5.3.4: Certification and Licensing
5.3.5 Technology Development
6. Company Profiles of Leading Players
6.1: GKN Aerospace
6.2: BAE Systems
6.5: NP Aerospace
6.8: Exel Composites
6.9: MHI Vestas Offshore Wind
*Full List of Tables and Figures Available on Enquiry.
The analyst has been in the business of market research and management consulting since 2000 and has published over 600 market intelligence reports in various markets/applications and served over 1,000 clients worldwide. Each study is a culmination of four months of full-time effort performed by the analyst team. The analysts used the following sources for the creation and completion of this valuable report:
- In-depth interviews of the major players in the market
- Detailed secondary research from competitors’ financial statements and published data
- Extensive searches of published works, market, and database information pertaining to industry news, company press releases, and customer intentions
- A compilation of the experiences, judgments, and insights of professionals, who have analyzed and tracked the market over the years.
Extensive research and interviews are conducted in the supply chain of the market to estimate market share, market size, trends, drivers, challenges and forecasts.
Thus, the analyst compiles vast amounts of data from numerous sources, validates the integrity of that data, and performs a comprehensive analysis. The analyst then organizes the data, its findings, and insights into a concise report designed to support the strategic decision-making process.