Design Validation should ensure that product performance, quality, and reliability requirements are met.
In order to have high confidence that products will perform as intended, enough data must be collected and analyzed using various statistical methods.
Selecting appropriate sample sizes often vexes many practitioners. Testing only a few units does not provide a high level of confidence that performance requirements will be consistently met. Testing too many units may be unnecessarily expensive and can lead to misleading conclusions.
Statistical Methods are typically used to ensure that product performance, quality, and reliability requirements are met during the Design Validation phase of product development.
This webinar discusses common elements of sample size determination and several specific sample size applications for various design validation activities including Reliability Demonstration/Estimation, Acceptance Sampling, and Hypothesis Testing. Numerous examples are provided to illustrate the key concepts and applications.
Why you should Attend:
- Sample sizes have a significant impact on the uncertainty in estimates of key process performance characteristics. To have high confidence in results, sufficient sample sizes must be used.
- Potential problems should be uncovered during Design Validation, prior to launching a product. Failure to do so may result in customer dissatisfaction, excessive warranty, costly recalls, or litigation.
- Participants in the webinar will be able to understand the impact of sample sizes on the results from various statistical analysis methods commonly used during Design Validation.
Steven Wachs has 25 years of wide-ranging industry experience in both technical and management positions. He has worked as a statistician at Ford Motor Company where he has extensive experience in the development of statistical models, reliability analysis, designed experimentation, and statistical process control.
Mr. Wachs is currently a Principal Statistician at Integral Concepts, Inc. where he assists manufacturers in the application of statistical methods to reduce variation and improve quality and productivity. He also possesses expertise in the application of reliability methods to achieve robust and reliable products as well as estimate and reduce warranty. Mr. Wachs regularly speaks at industry conferences and provides workshops in industrial statistical methods worldwide.
- Quality Personnel
- Product Design/Development personnel
- Manufacturing Personnel
- Operations/Production Managers
- Production Supervisors
- Supplier Quality personnel
- Quality Engineering
- Quality Assurance Managers, Engineers
- Process or Manufacturing Engineers or Managers