The subcutaneous immunoglobulin market studied was projected to grow with a CAGR of nearly 13.3% over the forecast period. The major factors attributing to the growth of the market include increasing use of subcutaneous immunoglobulin for primary immunodefeciency disorders, increasing geriatric population and patient pool. The growing demand of the subcutaneous immunoglobulin infusions are due to the advantages like absence of necessity of vascular access, easy use at home, more stable serum IgG levels and efficient prevention against infections. Furthermore the growing investements in research and development programs by the biotechnology and pharmaceutical companiesis boosting the market growth. Rising government fundings and increasing awareness about usage of subcutaneous immunoglobulin for treatment of immunodefeciency disorders boosts the market growth. However the stringent government regulations and high risk of the side effects of the treatment are the major drawbacks for the market growth.
Key Market Trends
Primary Immunodeficiency Diseases Segment to Dominate the Market in the Forecast Period
- Primary immunodeficiency diseases have the largest market share and are expected to do the same in the forecast period. The dominance of the segment can be credited to the soaring prevalence of primary immunodeficiency diseases, growing usage and awareness of subcutaneous immunoglobulin, rising research and development activities in the field of plasma-derived therapeutics.
- According to the Immune Deficiency Foundation, there are approximately 250,000 people who have been diagnosed with primary immunodeficiency diseases in the United States. The rate of incidence of the severe combined immunodeficiency disease was 1 in 10,000 in 2008 and it has changed to 1 in 4000, in 2018. The prevalence of primary immunodeficiency diseases is rising and hence the market growth.
North America Dominates the Market and Expected to do Same in the Forecast Period
North America is expected to dominate the overall subcutaneous immunoglobulin market, throughout the forecast period. The market growth is due to the factors such as the presence of key players, high prevalence of primary immunodeficiency diseases patients and increasing geriatric population in the region, established healthcare infrastructure, are some of the key factors accountable for its large share in the market. Furthermore, beneficial government initiatives and an increase in the number of research partnerships are some of the drivers expected to increase market growth.
The subcutaneous immunoglobulin market is moderately competitive and consists of several major players. Some of the companies which are currently dominating the market are Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited, Biotest AG, CSL Behring, Grifols, S.A., Octapharma AG, Kedrion S.p.A., Bio Products laboratory.
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
This product will be delivered within 2 business days.
Table of Contents
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Scope of the Study
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Increasing use of subcutaneous immunoglobulin for primary immunodefeciency disorders
4.2.2 Increasing geriatric population and patient pool
4.2.3 Rise in government funding
4.3 Market Restraints
4.3.1 Stringent government regulations
4.3.2 High risk of side effects
4.4 Porter's Five Force Analysis
4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.4.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5.1.1 Primary Immunodeficiency Diseases
5.1.2 Secondary Immunodeficiency Diseases
5.2 By End-User
5.2.2 Homecare Settings
5.3.1 North America
188.8.131.52 United States
184.108.40.206 United Kingdom
220.127.116.11 Rest of Europe
18.104.22.168 South Korea
22.214.171.124 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.4 Middle-East and Africa
126.96.36.199 South Africa
188.8.131.52 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
5.3.5 South America
184.108.40.206 Rest of South America
6.1.1 Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited
6.1.2 Biotest AG
6.1.3 CSL Behring
6.1.4 Grifols, S.A.
6.1.5 Octapharma AG
6.1.6 Kedrion S.p.A.
6.1.7 Bio Products laboratory
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited
- Biotest AG
- CSL Behring
- Grifols, S.A.
- Octapharma AG
- Kedrion S.p.A.
- Bio Products laboratory