The Cardiology information system (CIS) market studied was anticipated to grow with a CAGR of nearly 9.2% during the forecast period. The major factors attributing to the growth of the market are an increased volume of hospitalized patients diagnosed with cardiovascular diseases such as coronary heart diseases and stroke. For instance, according to the American Heart Association report published for the year 2019, cardiac diseases like coronary heart disease, hypertension, and stroke were ranked as the highest cause of deaths in the US. Thus, owing to the rise in government initiatives and increased demand for the evaluation and monitoring of cardiovascular functioning over a period to avoid medication errors necessitating the electronic health record system is likely to fuel the market over the forecast period.
Key Market Trends
The Web-based Operations by Mode of Operation Segment is Expected to Hold the Largest Market Share in the CIS Market
- The web-based operations segment is expected to account for the largest share of revenue in the overall cardiovascular information system market throughout the forecast period. The significant share in terms of revenue can be attributed to various factors such as high rate of healthcare awareness, enhanced interoperability, remote access to data and images along with the relatively reduced time of treatment, reduced IT burden in the hospitals and cost are likely to drive the CIS market over the forecast period.
- Based on components, the software segment witnesses the largest market share in the forecast period due to the rising demand along with the consequent rise in the volume of hospitals necessitating the integration of CVIS with CPACS, Electronic Medical Records (EMRs), ECG carts and other cardiology modules. On the other hand, the service segment is anticipated to grow at the fastest rate during the forecast period owing to the necessity to upgrade with the available services to introduce the complex software and train healthcare professionals propelling the global market revenue.
North America Dominates the Market and Expected to do Same in the Forecast Period.
- North America is expected to dominate the overall cardiology information system market throughout the forecast period. The dominance is due to a rise in the global prevalence of cardiovascular indications like CAD, strokes, atrial fibrillation and higher adoption of technology in the region. For instance, according to the American Heart Association, in 2018, nearly 92.1 million individuals in the U.S. suffered from cardiovascular diseases resultant higher demand for better treatment technologies driving the market in the United States. Also, a steep rise in expenditure and an increased pressure to achieve better health outcomes at lower costs and standardize practices, improve consistency in diagnosis and outcomes in established healthcare providers necessitate a single integrated solution fueling the market throughout the forecast period.
- Asia Pacific region is set to grow at the fastest rate during the forecast period, driven by enhanced awareness about the application of in countries such as China, India, and Japan. China plays a pivotal role due to its high population, technological advancements and high extent of government support to the healthcare sector fueling the market.
The cardiology information system market is moderately competitive and consists of several major players. Some of the companies are expanding their market position and while others are adopting various strategies such as acquisitions, mergers, introducing new products and upgrading the technologies to maintain their market position. For Instance, In February 2019 Philips launched IntelliSpace Cardiovascular 4.1, its next-generation cardiovascular image and information management system which provides a holistic view to facilitating better-informed decision-making while delivering on the quadruple improved patient and staff experience, better health outcomes and lower costs of care expanding its market globally. Few of the major players currently dominating the industry in terms of revenue are CREALIFE Medical Technology, Koninklijke Philips N V, Esaote SpA, Infinitt Healthcare Co Ltd, and Central Data Networks PTY Ltd.
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
This product will be delivered within 2 business days.
Table of Contents
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Scope of the Study
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Rise in Global Prevalence of Cardiac Diseases and Increased Stroke Related Deaths
4.2.2 Growing R&D Activities to Develop Novel Technologies in Cardiac Stroke Management
4.3 Market Restraints
4.3.1 The High Cost of Systems and Stringent Regulatory Framework
4.3.2 The Reluctance of Healthcare Providers to Implement CIS due to Lack of Standard Protocol
4.4 Porter's Five Force Analysis
4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.4.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5.3.2 Ambulatory Surgical Centers
5.4.1 North America
126.96.36.199 United states
188.8.131.52 United Kingdom
184.108.40.206 Rest of Europe
220.127.116.11 South Korea
18.104.22.168 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.4.4 Middle-East and Africa
22.214.171.124 South Africa
126.96.36.199 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
5.4.5 South America
188.8.131.52 Rest of South America
6.1.1 Central Data Networks PTY Ltd
6.1.2 CREALIFE Medical Technology
6.1.3 Digisonics Inc
6.1.4 Esaote SpA
6.1.5 Fujifilm Holdings Corporation
6.1.6 General Electric Company
6.1.7 Infinitt Healthcare Co Ltd
6.1.8 Koninklijke Philips N V
6.1.9 McKesson Corporation
6.1.10 Siemens AG
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Central Data Networks PTY Ltd
- CREALIFE Medical Technology
- Digisonics Inc
- Esaote SpA
- Fujifilm Holdings Corporation
- General Electric Company
- Infinitt Healthcare Co Ltd
- Koninklijke Philips N V
- McKesson Corporation
- Siemens AG