Thrombosis is a condition when the blood clot is formed called a thrombus. Thrombus prevents the blood flow in blood vessels and may cause the death of cells and serious medical conditions. Antithrombotic drugs are used to prevent or treat thrombus formation. The growing number of chronic diseases that lead to thrombosis coupled with the increase in geriatric population is expected to drive the market growth. In addition, many of the drugs of antithrombotics are off-patented and presence of generics with a lower cost are fuelling the market growth over the forecast period. Furthermore, the presence of strong drug pipelines such as Tecarfarin, TB-402 and others and their expected commercialization is projected to boost the market growth over the coming years. Moreover, unavailability of alternatives for antithrombotic drugs coupled with the new product developments and launches are expected to bolster the market growth. However, stringent regulatory policies and high cost of novel drugs are expected to hamper the market growth.
Key Market Trends
Parental Route of Administration Expected to Have Significant Share
- In the route of administration parenteral route is having significant share owing to its onset of action and presence of notable number of products in the market.
- In the application segment, deep vein thrombosis is expected to have a healthy growth rate over the forecast period owing to its prevalence and sedentary lifestyle among the population that is leading to cardiovascular diseases.
- According to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), about 900,000 people each year affected by venous embolism. Furthermore, 10-30% of people will die within the month of diagnosis.
- The advancements in treatment therapies such as catheter-directed thrombolysis and others in the usage of antithrombotic drugs for better clinical outcomes are projected to boost the market growth over the forecast period. In addition ageing population around the world is expected to boost the market growth.
North America Projected to Grow at Significant Rate
North America region is expected to have significant market growth over the forecast period. The high prevalence of cardiac diseases and cancer are expected to fuel the regional market share. In addition, favourable reimbursement policies and well-established healthcare infrastructure coupled with growing healthcare expenditure expected to boost the market growth in North America.
According to the World Health Organization, an estimated 17.9 million people died due to cardiovascular diseases in the year 2016. Out of these most of the deaths occured in Low-and Middle-income Countries. The Asia Pacific projected to have significant market growth owing to a large number of patient pool suffering from cardiac diseases and the presence of a strong generic drug market in emerging countries. In addition, manufactures interest in expanding to these Asian emerging countries expected to boost the market growth in the near future.
Antithrombotic drugs market is highly competitive having a majority number of local or regional players. Market players are focusing on drug development, product launches and geographic expansions. Key market players operating in the market include Bristol-Myers Squibb Company, AstraZeneca plc, Eli Lilly and Company, C.H. Boehringer Sohn AG & Ko. KG and Aspen Holdings among the others
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
This product will be delivered within 2 business days.
Table of Contents
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Scope of the Study
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Increase in Prevalence of Cardiac and Hereditary Diseases
4.2.2 Growing Demand For Novel Oral Anticoagulants Coupled with the Ageing Population
4.3 Market Restraints
4.3.1 Stringent Regulatory Policies
4.3.2 High Cost and Side effects of Anti thrombotic Drugs
4.4 Porter's Five Force Analysis
4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.4.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5.1.1 Thrombolytic Drugs
5.1.2 Anti-platelet Drugs
5.2 By Route of Administration
5.3 By Application
5.3.1 Pulmonary Embolism
5.3.2 Deep Vein Thrombosis
5.3.3 Atrial Fibrillation
5.4.1 North America
184.108.40.206 United States
220.127.116.11 United Kingdom
18.104.22.168 Rest of Europe
22.214.171.124 South Korea
126.96.36.199 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.4.4 Middle-East and Africa
188.8.131.52 South Africa
184.108.40.206 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
5.4.5 South America
220.127.116.11 Rest of South America
6.1.1 Sanofi S.A.
6.1.2 Bayer AG
6.1.3 Eli Lilly and Company
6.1.4 AstraZeneca plc
6.1.5 Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH
6.1.6 Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
6.1.7 Novartis AG
6.1.8 Aspen Holdings
6.1.9 Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Sanofi S.A.
- Bayer AG
- Eli Lilly and Company
- AstraZeneca plc
- Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH
- Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
- Novartis AG
- Aspen Holdings
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Company