The Cranial Fixation and Stabilization Systems Market are expected to register a CAGR of 8.7% during the forecast period. Cranial fixation is the process designed to assure the structural stability of the replaced skull flap following a craniotomy procedure and it is very delicate and most demanding procedures in the field of medicine. In this procedure bone flaps, bone fragments or grafts are fixed to the cranium in order to provide stable closure.
According to the World Health Organization (WHO), up to 1 billion people, nearly one in six of the world’s population suffers from neurological disorders. In addition, according to the Association for Safe International Road Travel (ASIRT), approximately 1.3 million people die in road accidents and an additional 20-30 million gets disabled or injured.
Increasing prevalence of neurological diseases, increasing incidence of road accidents and injuries and technological advancements in the field of cranial fixation and stabilization systems are the key driving factors in cranial fixation and stabilization systems market.
Key Market Trends
Cranial Fixation Systems Segment is Expected to Hold a Major Market Share in the Cranial Fixation and Stabilization Systems Market.
- Cranial fixation system is designed for structural stability of the skull and these systems are used during neuro or spinal surgeries. Brain surgeries are quite delicate and the most demanding surgeries.
- According to the World Health Organization (WHO), estimates road traffic injuries lead to more than 1.35 million deaths each year and cause up to 50 million injuries globally. In addition, the high occurrence of road injuries globally also drives the cranial fixation system market.
- Cranial fixation systems segment holds a significant market share in the cranial fixation and stabilization systems market and is anticipated to show a similar trend over the forecast period due to the growing availability of customized product offerings and the increasing volume of brain surgeries requiring cranial fixation systems.
- Rising incidence of accidents and brain injuries and increasing prevalence of neurological diseases are the key driving factors in the cranial fixation systems segment.
North America is Expected to Hold a Significant Share in the Market and Expected to do Same in the Forecast Period
North America is expected to hold a major market share in the global cranial fixation and stabilization systems market due to the rising incidence of accidents and brain injuries and the increasing prevalence of neurological diseases in this region. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), in the year 2015, about 27.6 million people in the United States were treated in an emergency department for injuries. Furthermore, technological advancements in cranial fixation and stabilization systems and growing healthcare expenditure levels are also fueling the growth of the regional market to a large extent.
The Cranial Fixation and Stabilization Systems Market is fragmented competitive and consists of several major players. In terms of market share, few of the major players are currently dominating the market. Some of the major players have used various strategies such as expansions, agreements, new product launches, joint ventures, acquisitions, and partnerships, etc to increase their footprints in this market. Some of the companies which are currently dominating the market include Integra LifeSciences Corporation, B.Braun Melsungen AG, Depuy Synthes (Johnson & Johnson), Medtronic Plc, Stryker Corporation, Zimmer Biomet Holding, Inc, Evonos GmbH & Co. KG, Changzhou Huida Medical Instrument Co., Ltd, Jeil Medical Corporation and KLS Martin Group.
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
This product will be delivered within 2 business days.
1.2 Scope of the Study
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Increasing Prevalence of Neurological Diseases
4.2.2 Increasing Incidence of Road Accidents and Injuries
4.2.3 Technological Advancements in the Field of Cranial Fixation and Stabilization Systems
4.3 Market Restraints
4.3.1 High Cost of Surgeries
4.4 Porter's Five Force Analysis
4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.4.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5.1.1 Cranial Fixation System
5.1.2 Cranial Stabilization Systems
5.2 By Material Type
5.2.1 Resorbable Fixation Systems
5.2.2 Nonresorbable Fixation Systems
5.3.1 North America
18.104.22.168 United States
22.214.171.124 United Kingdom
126.96.36.199 Rest of Europe
188.8.131.52 South Korea
184.108.40.206 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.4 Middle-East and Africa
220.127.116.11 South Africa
18.104.22.168 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
5.3.5 South America
22.214.171.124 Rest of South America
6.1.1 Integra LifeSciences Corporation
6.1.2 B. Braun Melsungen AG
6.1.3 Depuy Synthes (Johnson & Johnson)
6.1.4 Medtronic Plc
6.1.5 Stryker Corporation
6.1.6 Zimmer Biomet Holding, Inc
6.1.7 Evonos GmbH & Co. KG
6.1.8 Changzhou Huida Medical Instrument Co., Ltd
6.1.9 Jeil Medical Corporation
6.1.10 KLS Martin Group
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Integra LifeSciences Corporation
- B. Braun Melsungen AG
- Depuy Synthes (Johnson & Johnson)
- Medtronic Plc
- Stryker Corporation
- Zimmer Biomet Holding, Inc
- Evonos GmbH & Co. KG
- Changzhou Huida Medical Instrument Co., Ltd
- Jeil Medical Corporation
- KLS Martin Group