The market for alcohol ethoxylates is projected to register a CAGR of greater than 3% during the forecast period (2021-2026).
Due to COVID-19, Personal care has been hit negatively, though there is a growing awareness for hygiene and personal care to reduce the chance of infection of the virus, there was not enough supply of these products in the market. Personal care industry revenue has been declined by more than 4.5% around the globe, the issues in supply were arising due to the restrictions imposed by the government, the lockdowns around the world, and most of the manufacturing plants being shut down for the most part of the year in order to reduce the spread of the virus. This consequently has impacted negatively on the alcohol ethoxylates market. The markets now are slowly opening, this is an encouraging sign to the alcohol ethoxylates market.
- In the medium term, the major factor driving the market studied is the increased industrial demand for cleaners. The growth in the personal care industry is also expected to boost the demand for alcohol ethoxylates during the forecast period.
- The environmental impact created by the products is a major hindrance to the alcohol ethoxylates market.
- Asia-Pacific dominated the market across the world, with the largest consumption from countries, such as China and India.
Key Market Trends
Increasing Demand from Soaps and Detergents Segment
- Alcohol ethoxylates are either further processed or are used as active ingredients in many commonly used cleaning products, such as household laundry products. Their surfactant properties improve cleaning by reducing the surface tension between the wash water and dirt on clothes or dishes, helping in the removal of dirt in the wastewater.
- Alcohol ethoxylates are also used in personal care products, such as shampoos, as well as industrial and institutional cleaning products.
- According to the International Association of Soaps, Detergents, and Maintenance Products, the European detergent market has around 700 manufacturing facilities, showing a significant impact on the global soaps and detergents market.
- The soaps and detergents segment is growing at a rapid rate owing to the increasing awareness about healthcare. The top countries producing and exporting soaps include Germany, United States, China, Japan, and Malaysia. The top five countries account for more than 35% of the total soap exports.
- According to the International Association of Soaps, Detergents and Maintenance Products, the European soaps, detergents and maintenance products market is valued at EUR 38 billion for the year 2019. Due to the outbreak of COVID-19 virus, the market has seen a slight growth in 2020, owing to increasing awareness in selfcare in the region.
- All the abovementioned factors, in turn, are projected to drive the demand for alcohol ethoxylates in the soap and detergent segment in the coming years.
Asia-Pacific Region to Dominate the Market
- Asia-Pacific is the largest market for alcohol ethoxylates, with market segments, like soaps and detergents, personal care, and industrial and institutional cleaning, expected to grow in the coming years.
- Asia-Pacific is also expected to be the fastest-growing market during the forecast period, with increasing demand from segments like personal care, in China, India, and the ASEAN countries.
- India and China are the largest consumers of soaps and detergents across the world. Being the two largest populated countries in the world and growing, the consumption of soaps and detergents in these countries is expected to see a rise in the forecasted period. This consumption is expected to propel the demand for alcohol ethoxylates in the coming years.
- Around 1,515 thousand metric tons of detergents and 1,153 thousand metric tons of soaps were produced in the FY2020, in India compared to 1,484 metric tons of detergents in FY2018 in the country.
- China Personal Care market is one of the largest personal care markets in the world. For the year 2020, the Chinese personal care market revenue stood at around USD 63.4 billion. The revenue grew around 24% compared to USD 51 billion in the year 2019, according to Statista Forecast.
- Indian Personal care market revenue has reached a value of USD 4.2 billion in 2020, with revenue growth of over 15% compared to USD 2.9 billion in 2019. The Indian personal care market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 9.91% during the period 2021-2025, according to Statista Forecast.
- Thus, the rising demand from various industries is expected to drive the market in the region, during the forecast period.
The global alcohol ethoxylates market is fragmented, with many competitors. The major companies include Sasol, BASF SE, Clariant, Royal Dutch Shell plc, Nouryon, and Huntsman International LLC, among others.
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
This product will be delivered within 2 business days.
Table of Contents
1.2 Scope of the Study
4.1.1 Growing Personal Care Industry in Asia-Pacific
4.1.2 Increasing Demand for Industrial Cleaners
4.1.3 Other Drivers
4.2.1 Increasing Environmental Concerns
4.2.2 Unfavorable Conditions Arising due to the Impact of COVID-19
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5.2.1 Agricultural Chemicals
5.2.2 Industrial and Institutional Cleaning
5.2.3 Paints and Coatings
5.2.4 Personal Care
5.2.5 Soaps and Detergents
5.2.6 Textile Processing
5.2.7 Other Applications
188.8.131.52 South Korea
184.108.40.206 ASEAN Countries
220.127.116.11 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.2 North America
18.104.22.168 United States
22.214.171.124 United Kingdom
126.96.36.199 Rest of Europe
5.3.4 South America
188.8.131.52 Rest of South America
5.3.5 Middle-East and Africa
184.108.40.206 Saudi Arabia
220.127.116.11 South Africa
18.104.22.168 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6.2 Market Share Analysis**/Ranking Analysis
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 BASF SE
6.4.4 Evonik Industries AG
6.4.5 Huntsman International LLC
6.4.6 India Glycols Limited
6.4.8 Mitsui Chemicals Inc.
6.4.11 Procter & Gamble
6.4.14 Royal Dutch Shell plc
6.4.16 Stepan Company
6.4.17 Thai Ethoxylate Co.,Ltd. ( TEX )
7.2 Other Opportunities
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- BASF SE
- Evonik Industries AG
- Huntsman International LLC
- India Glycols Limited
- Mitsui Chemicals Inc.
- Procter & Gamble
- Royal Dutch Shell plc
- Stepan Company
- Thai Ethoxylate Co.,Ltd. ( TEX )