- The portable ultrasound bladder scanner market studied is anticipated to grow with a CAGR of nearly 6.1%, during the forecast period. certain factors that are driving the market growth include rising prevalence of urological diseases, technological advancements, and growing adoption of non-invasive diagnostic procedure.
- Urinary tract infections (UTIs) are one of the most common microbial diseases affecting people of all age groups, and it affects 150 million people every year, globally. Diabetic patients have a higher risk of developing UTIs and complications associated with it. With a global increase in the diabetic population, complications, like dysuria and organ damage, which are associated with UTIs are also on the rise.
- Urinary incontinence (UI) is an underdiagnosed and underreported problem that increases with age. A high percentage of elderly population is affected by it, nearly 50-85%, in the long-term care facilities. According to the estimates of the National Association for Incontinence, in 2018, nearly 480 million people across the world were likely to be affected by UI. As per the WomensHealth.gov, UI is twice as common in women than in men, where stress UI is most common among women with pregnancy, childbirth, and menopause.
- Kidney and urinary tract diseases account for about 830,000 deaths and 18,467,000 disability-adjusted life years annually, making it the 12th leading cause of deaths. Furthermore, patients suffering from chronic kidney disease (CKD) often have other health complications, such as cardiovascular and cerebrovascular diseases.
- With high incidence rates and health complications associated with urological diseases, there is an increasing demand for healthcare interventions to diagnose them, which, in turn, is propelling the growth of the market studied.
Key Market Trends
3D Portable Ultrasound Bladder Scanner Shows Lucrative Growth Opportunity in the Global Portable Ultrasound Bladder Scanner Market
- Majority of the 3D Bladder Scanner's intuitive design is ideal for a multitude of clinical environments, from hospital floors to physician offices. Different scanning modes are designed to match different user preferences along with advanced targeting features that make finding the bladder simple. Such 3D scanners provide reliable information, thus reducing the frequency of catheterization and risk of UTIs (CAUTI). It is also a valuable tool for providing post-void residual volume (PVR) to assess possible urinary retention.
- 3D bladder scanning is ideal for several clinical environments as it offers Automatic 3D scanning for fast and accurate bladder volumes, along with Easy-to-use targeting and real-time scanning modes, ideal for non-specialists or experienced users.
North America Dominates the Global Portable Ultrasound Bladder Scanner Market
- In the North American region, the United States accounted for the largest market share, as a major section of the population is approaching urological disease diagnostic procedures. According to the American Urological Association Foundation (AUAF), benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), urinary incontinence (UI), urinary tract infections (UTIS), and kidney and ureteral stones are among the most common urological disease.
- According to the United States Department of Health and Human services, the overall prevalence of CKD among the American adult population is about 15% in the year 2019, and almost half of the individuals with CKD suffer from diabetes and/or cardiovascular diseases. Annually, more than 661,000 Americans suffer from kidney failure, and 468,000 patients are given dialysis.
- Thus, considering the rising cases of urological diseases the market is expected to witness high growth.
The global portable ultrasound bladder scanner market is competitive and consists of few major players. Companies like Becton, Dickinson and Company, Caresono Technology CO., LTD, dBMEDx Inc., GE Healthcare Inc., LABORIE, Signostics Inc., Sonostar Technologies Co., Limited, Verathon Inc., Vitacon US, LLC, Wuhan Tianyi Electronic Co., Ltd., among others, hold the substantial market share in the market.
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
This product will be delivered within 2 business days.
Table of Contents
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Scope of the Study
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Rising Prevalence of Urological Diseases
4.2.2 Technological Advancements
4.2.3 Growing Adoption of Non-invasive Diagnostic Procedure
4.3 Market Restraints
4.3.1 High Operator-dependency
4.4 Porter's Five Force Analysis
4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.4.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5.1.1 2D portable ultrasound bladder scanner
5.1.2 3D portable ultrasound bladder scanner?
5.2 By End-User
5.2.1 Hospitals and Clinics
5.2.2 Diagnostic Centers
5.3.1 North America
220.127.116.11 United States
18.104.22.168 United Kingdom
22.214.171.124 Rest of Europe
126.96.36.199 South Korea
188.8.131.52 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.4 Middle-East and Africa
184.108.40.206 South Africa
220.127.116.11 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
5.3.5 South America
18.104.22.168 Rest of South America
6.1.1 Becton, Dickinson and Company
6.1.2 Caresono Technology CO., LTD
6.1.3 dBMEDx Inc.
6.1.4 GE Healthcare Inc.
6.1.6 Signostics Inc.
6.1.7 Sonostar Technologies Co., Limited
6.1.8 Verathon Inc.
6.1.9 Vitacon US, LLC
6.1.10 Wuhan Tianyi Electronic Co., Ltd.
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Becton, Dickinson and Company
- Caresono Technology CO., LTD
- dBMEDx Inc.
- GE Healthcare Inc.
- Signostics Inc.
- Sonostar Technologies Co., Limited
- Verathon Inc.
- Vitacon US, LLC
- Wuhan Tianyi Electronic Co., Ltd.