Applications of Polymers in Drug Delivery, Second Edition, provides a comprehensive resource for anyone looking to understand how polymeric materials can be applied to current, new, and emerging drug delivery applications.
Polymers play a crucial role in modulating drug delivery and have been fundamental in the successful development of many novel drug delivery systems. This book describes the development of polymeric systems, ranging from conventional dosage forms to the most recent smart systems. Regulatory and intellectual property aspects as well as the clinical applicability of polymeric drug delivery systems are also discussed. The chapters are organized by specific delivery route, offering methodical and detailed coverage throughout. This second edition has been thoroughly revised to include the latest developments in the field.
This is an essential book for researchers, scientists, and advanced students, in polymer science, drug delivery, pharmacology/pharmaceuticals, materials science, tissue engineering, nanomedicine, chemistry, and biology. In industry, this book supports scientists, R&D, and other professionals, working on polymers for drug delivery applications.
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
2. Applications of Polymers in Buccal Drug Delivery
3. Applications of Polymers in Gastric Drug Delivery
4. Applications of Polymers in Small Intestinal Drug Delivery
5. Polymers in Transdermal Drug Delivery
6. Polymers Used in Peyer's Patch Targetin
7. Applications of Polymers in Colonic Drug Delivery
8. Applications of Polymers in Parenteral Drug Delivery
9. Polymers in Rectal Drug Delivery
10. Polymers in Vaginal Drug Delivery: Recent Advancements
11. Applications of Polymers in Nasal Drug Delivery
12. Polymer Applications in Pulmonary Drug Delivery
13. Applications of Polymers in Ocular Drug Delivery
14. Targeting Approaches using Polymeric Nanocarriers
15. Self-Assembled Block Copolymer Nanoaggregates for Drug Delivery Applications
16. Applications of Polymers in Delivery of Biologics
Prof. Ambikanandan Misra is a Director, Pharmaceutical Research at Shobhaben Pratapbhai Patel School Of Pharmacy & Technology Management, SVKM's Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, NMIMS Deemed to be University, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. He has worked in pharmaceutical sciences for over 40 years developing novel drug delivery systems, and advises the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, food, and cosmetics industries. He has published 8 books, 46 book chapters, and 181 peer-reviewed publications in reputed journals.
Aliasgar Shahiwala Professor and Graduate Program Director, Department of Pharmaceutics, Dubai Pharmacy College, Dubai, UAE..
Prof. Aliasgar Shahiwala is a Professor in the Department of Pharmaceutics, and Graduate Program Director, at Dubai Pharmacy College, Dubai, UAE. Prof. Shahiwala has obtained postdoctoral research experience at Northeastern University, United States, centred on applications of nanotechnology in the field of drug delivery and drug targeting. With more than 20 years of teaching and research experience, he has published 3 books, 10 book chapters and several articles in international peer-reviewed journals.