The Pigmented Lesion Treatment market is anticipated to grow with a CAGR of nearly 5.9%, during the forecast period.
Certain factors that are driving the market growth include rising geriatric population and increasing prevalence of pigmentation disorders.
As per the revised World Population Prospects, by the United Nations, the number of people aged 60 or above is expected to grow greater than double by 2050, i.e. from 962 million in 2017 to 2.1 billion in 2050, globally. This age group is highly vulnerable to different types of age-related diseases that require personal mobility aid.
With the increase in age, despite the decreased melanocyte density, photoaged skin has irregular pigmentation and, frequently, there is hyperpigmentation. This may be due to greater positivity of dopa of chronically irradiated melanocytes. This afore-mentioned factor is expected to contribute to the market growth over the forecast period.
Lasers and Energy Based Devices Hold Significant Share in the Global Pigmented Lesion Treatment Market
- Medical laser based devices are used for the treatment of various skin diseases including pigmented lesions.
- The rising demand for treatment procedures with faster recovery, fewer post-treatment infections, less pain, reduced scarring, better control on bleeding, and increased accuracy are anticipated to boost the demand for various laser devices.
- Technological advances in therapeutic techniques and enhancement in equipment handling have transformed treatment procedures, including the introduction of laser and energy based treatments for pigmented lesions
- North America dominates the global pigmented lesions treatment market owing to the rising pigmentation disorders. Presence of well-established healthcare infrastructure and major market players providing effective treatment options to the patients suffering with post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation in North America.
- Asia Pacific region is experiencing a swift pace in the global pigmented lesions treatment market due to the increasing beauty consciousness among Asians, rapid entry of new players into the market and expansion by the major players into the emerging economies.
The global Pigmented Lesion Treatment market is moderately competitive and consists of a few major players. Companies like Alma Lasers Ltd., Cutera Inc., Cynosure, Inc., Lumenis Ltd., Lutronic Corporation, Lynton Lasers Ltd, Solta Medical Inc., Strata Skin Sciences Inc., Syneron Medical Ltd., among others, hold the substantial market share in the market.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format.
months of analyst support.
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Rising Geriatric Population
4.2.2 Increasing Prevalence of Pigmentation Disorders
4.3 Market Restraints
4.3.1 Side Effects Associated with Certain Treatments
4.4 Porter's Five Force Analysis
4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.4.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Product Type
5.1.1 Lasers and Energy Based Devices
5.1.2 RF Devices
5.1.3 Ultrasound Devices
5.2 By End-User
5.2.1 Dermatology Clinics
5.2.2 Beauty Clinics
5.3.1 North America
18.104.22.168 United States
22.214.171.124 United Kingdom
126.96.36.199 Rest of Europe
188.8.131.52 South Korea
184.108.40.206 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.4 Middle-East and Africa
220.127.116.11 South Africa
18.104.22.168 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
5.3.5 South America
22.214.171.124 Rest of South America
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Company Profiles
6.1.1 Alma Lasers Ltd.
6.1.2 Cutera Inc.
6.1.3 Cynosure, Inc.
6.1.4 Lumenis Ltd.
6.1.5 Lutronic Corporation
6.1.6 Lynton Lasers Ltd
6.1.7 Solta Medical Inc.
6.1.8 Strata Skin Sciences Inc.
6.1.9 Syneron Medical Ltd.
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS