The market for industrial fabric is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 3% during the forecast period. Major factors driving the market studied are rapidly growing application in automotive sector and increasing application in conveyor belts. Growing demand for bio-based fabrics is expected to hinder the growth of the market studied.
- Application in the manufacture of automobile interior trims like seat covers, carpets, roof and door liners dominated the market and is expected to grow during the forecast period owing to the increasing demand for automobiles among consumers.
- The industrial fabric is also used in the manufacture of conveyor belts, transmission belts, and other drive belts that serves a major part in mining industry.
- Asia-Pacific region dominated the market for industrial fabric market with India, China, Japan representing major countries in consumption.
Key Market Trends
Increasing Application in Automobile Interior Trim
- Industrial fabrics are specially designed and engineered products used for challenging and high-performance applications.
- These Industrial fabrics have greater application in making automobile’s interior trim like carpets, seat covers roof and door liners which constitutes a major part for industrial fabric market.
- In United States, the revenue per utility vehicle auto brands pocketed in Q1 2019 skyrocketed from USD 800 to USD 33,100 compared to the same in FY’18.
- The global automotive production has been on a rapid decline in 2019. But, with the increasing advancements in development of advanced interior trims, the usage of industrial fabric has been gradually increasing.
- Automobile industry leads in the utilization of industrial fabrics with China, United States, Germany, United Kingdom, India and Japan playing a major role in this market.
Asia-Pacific Region to Dominate the Market
- Asia-Pacific region is expected to dominate the market for industrial fabrics during the forecast period. In countries like China, India and Japan because of the high demand applications for interior trims of automobiles, fire protective apparel, the market for industrial fabric has been increasing.
- The largest producers of industrial fabric are located in Asia-Pacific region. Some of the leading companies in the production of industrial fabric are Bridgestone Corporation, Forbo International SA, Habasit, TORAY INDUSTRIES, INC.
- According to Indian Bureau of Mines, the mining industry witnessed a 2.9% Y-o-Y growth in 2019 over 2.3% in 2018 which created a major market (for conveyor belts) in this sector during the time period.
- The total mining production in China recorded an all time high in September 2019, when the output grew by about 8.1%.
- The aforementioned factors coupled with government support are contributing to the increasing demand for industrial fabric market during the forecast period.
The global industrial fabric market is partially fragmented with players accounting for a marginal share of the market. Few companies include Bridgestone Corporation, Forbo International SA, Habasit, TORAY INDUSTRIES, INC, W. Barnet GmbH & Co. KG.
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
This product will be delivered within 2 business days.
Table of Contents
1.2 Scope of the Study
4.1.1 Rapidly Growing Application in Automotive Sector
4.1.2 Increasing Application in Conveyor Belts
4.2.1 Growing Demand for Bio-Based Fabrics
4.2.2 Other Restraints
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5.1.1 Fiberglass yarn
5.2.1 Automobile Interior Trim
5.2.2 Conveyor Belts
5.2.3 Transmission Belt
5.2.4 Fire Protective Apparel
126.96.36.199 South Korea
188.8.131.52 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.2 North America
184.108.40.206 United States
220.127.116.11 United Kingdom
18.104.22.168 Rest of Europe
5.3.4 South America
22.214.171.124 Rest of South America
5.3.5 Middle-East and Africa
126.96.36.199 Saudi Arabia
188.8.131.52 South Africa
184.108.40.206 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6.2 Market Share/Ranking Analysis**
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.2 Berry Global Inc.
6.4.3 Bridgestone Corporation
6.4.4 Cerex Advanced Fabrics, Inc.
6.4.5 Contitech AG
6.4.6 DuPont de Nemours, Inc.
6.4.7 Fitesa S.A. and Affiliates
6.4.8 Forbo International SA
6.4.10 Johns Manville
6.4.11 Kimberly-Clark Corporation
6.4.12 TORAY INDUSTRIES, INC.
6.4.13 W. Barnet GmbH & Co. KG
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Berry Global Inc.
- Bridgestone Corporation
- Cerex Advanced Fabrics, Inc.
- Contitech AG
- DuPont de Nemours, Inc.
- Fitesa S.A. and Affiliates
- Forbo International SA
- Johns Manville
- Kimberly-Clark Corporation
- TORAY INDUSTRIES, INC.
- W. Barnet GmbH & Co. KG