The Medical Ultrasonic Bath Market is expected to register a CAGR of 6.2% during the forecast period with the increasing surgical procedures and growing awareness about workplace hygiene. According to Eurostat, around 1.4 million cataract surgeries were performed in 2017 in Europe. These surgeries require surgical tools and instruments for which their sterilization is of utmost importance. Hence, these factors are expected to fuel the medical ultrasonic bath market growth. However, rising preference towards disposable surgical instrument by healthcare professionals may hinder the market growth.
Key Market Trends
Hospitals Segment is Expected to Hold a Major Market Share in the Medical Ultrasonic Baths Market
- As the number of hospitals are increasing the demand for ultrasonic cleaner is also expected to increase. For instance, currently in the United States there are around 5,198 community hospitals according to the American Hospital Association.
- Furthermore, government is taking initiatives to develop infrastructure and install better equipment's in the hospital. According to Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, the spending in the United States showed a hike of 4.6% in 2018. It was accounted that approximately 11,172 USD was spent per person. Therefore, it is expected to propel the ultrasonic bath market growth in this particular segment.
North America is Expected to Hold a Significant Share in the Market and Expected to do Same in the Forecast Period
North America expected to hold a major market share in the global medical ultrasonic baths market due to increasing number of patients getting admitted in a hospital and the need for minimizing the risk of cross contamination. According to Center for Disease Control and Prevention, in the United States, around 39,972 people were admitted for injury visits in an emergency room in the year 2017. It indicates that the usage of medical instruments is intensive and hence the risk of cross-contamination increases. Therefore, ultrasonic bath is crucial to sterilize these instruments.
The Medical Ultrasonic Baths Market is fragmented and consists of several major players. In terms of market share, few of the major players are currently dominating the market. Some of the companies which are currently dominating the market are Blue Wave Ultrasonics, L & R Manufacturing Company, ThermoFisher Scientific Inc., Emerson Electric Co., Kemet International Ltd., Elma Schmidbauer GmbH, Steelco S.p.A., SharperTek, Heidolph Instruments GmbH & CO. KG and Steris Plc.
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
This product will be delivered within 2 business days.
Table of Contents
1.2 Scope of the Study
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Increasing Surgical Procedures
4.2.2 Growing Awareness about Workplace Hygiene
4.3 Market Restraints
4.3.1 Preference of Disposable Surgical Instruments
4.4 Porter's Five Force Analysis
4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.4.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5.2 By End User
5.3.1 North America
188.8.131.52 United States
184.108.40.206 United Kingdom
220.127.116.11 Rest of Europe
18.104.22.168 South Korea
22.214.171.124 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.4 Middle-East and Africa
126.96.36.199 South Africa
188.8.131.52 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
5.3.5 South America
184.108.40.206 Rest of South America
6.1.1 Blue Wave Ultrasonics
6.1.2 Elma Schmidbauer GmbH
6.1.3 Emerson Electric Co.
6.1.4 Heidolph Instruments GmbH & CO. KG
6.1.5 Kemet International Ltd.
6.1.6 L & R Manufacturing Company
6.1.7 ThermoFisher Scientific Inc.
6.1.8 Steelco S.p.A.
6.1.10 Steris Plc
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Blue Wave Ultrasonics
- Elma Schmidbauer GmbH
- Emerson Electric Co.
- Heidolph Instruments GmbH & CO. KG
- Kemet International Ltd.
- L & R Manufacturing Company
- ThermoFisher Scientific Inc.
- Steelco S.p.A.
- Steris Plc