Global electric toothbrush market is projected to witness a CAGR of 6.88% during the forecast period (2020 - 2025).
- The market has witnessed significant growth owing to a rise in dental problems and awareness regarding dental hygiene are the major factors driving the market growth during the study period. Moreover, the rise in disposable income of consumers particularly in developing economies such as China and India coupled with manufacturers' focus to develop innovative products such as smart electric toothbrushes etc., with enhanced benefits are the major factors anticipated to drive the market growth in the coming years.
- Additionally, major players operating in the market are taking launching campaigns to educate and to raise awareness of dental care among the people. Furthermore, various associations such as the American Association of Orthodontists (AAO) are taking up initiatives and starting awareness programs related to good oral care. Such factors are anticipated to drive the market growth during the study period.
Key Market Trends
Deterring Oral Health Among Population Globally
The rapidly changing lifestyles and improper diets, including sugar-rich diets and the increased consumption of alcohol and tobacco, have made oral health one of the major public health problems in almost every part of the world. Moreover, consumers across the world have started to pay immense attention to maintain their oral health, which led to an increase in the demand for electric toothbrush, worldwide. Some of the factors that influence the choice of the electric toothbrushes from the customers’ point of view are perceived performance, brand awareness, product attributes, the credibility of the company, and availability of product information.
Europe Holds a Major Share in the Market
Europe has experienced a growing prevalence of oral and dental problems owing to the rise in the percentage of geriatric population which is anticipated to drive the market growth during the study period. The tooth decay among children with an age group of 6 years varies from 20% to 90% while in age group of 65-74 years, the prevalence of people having lost all their natural teeth ranges from about 20% to 50% across various countries in the European region according to WHO. Moreover, consumers are highly focused on taking good care of their dental health and hygiene, and manufacturers continue to develop new products that address consumer dental requirements in terms of cleaning and whitening driving the market growth in the country.
Global electric toothbrush market is concentrated with the presence of prominent players are competing to gain market share. Koninklijke Philips N.V., Church & Dwight Co., Inc., Procter & Gamble, Colgate-Palmolive Company, Panasonic, etc., are some of the prominent players in the global market. Companies are investing in product development and expanding the distribution channels in order to gain a competitive edge in the market.
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
This product will be delivered within 2 business days.
1.2 Scope of the Study
4.2 Market Restraints
4.3 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.3.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5.1.2 Battery Operated
5.1.3 Replacement Brush Heads
5.2 By End User
5.3 By Distribution Channel
5.3.1 Supermarkets/ Hypermarkets
5.3.2 Pharmacy/ Drug Stores
5.3.3 Online Retail Stores
5.4.1 North America
220.127.116.11 United States
18.104.22.168 Rest of North America
22.214.171.124 United Kingdom
126.96.36.199 Rest of Europe
5.4.3 Asia Pacific
188.8.131.52 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.4.4 South America
184.108.40.206 Rest of South America
5.4.5 Middle East & Africa
220.127.116.11 South Africa
18.104.22.168 Saudi Arabia
22.214.171.124 Rest of Middle East & Africa
6.2 Most Adopted Strategies
6.3 Market Share Analysis
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 The Procter & Gamble Company
6.4.2 Colgate-Palmolive Company
6.4.3 Koninklijke Philips N.V.
6.4.4 Church & Dwight Co., Inc.
6.4.6 Panasonic Corporation
6.4.7 Lion Corporation
6.4.8 SONIC Chic
6.4.9 Den-Mat Holdings LLC
6.4.10 Dr Fresh Inc.
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- The Procter & Gamble Company
- Colgate-Palmolive Company
- Koninklijke Philips N.V.
- Church & Dwight Co., Inc.
- Panasonic Corporation
- Lion Corporation
- SONIC Chic
- Den-Mat Holdings LLC
- Dr Fresh Inc.