This edition of the Energy and Power Systems TechVision Opportunity Engine (TOE) showcases the developments and innovations in renewable energy, biofuels production, and energy storage. The TOE covers innovations in advanced Li-ion batteries such as optimized nickel-manganese-cobalt cathode and other materials that provide the battery with fast charging capability, high reliability, safety, and durability. It also profiles developments in the ultra-high capacity lithium-sulfur battery. The TOE further explains about the latest improvements in photovoltaics, namely development of a transparent crystalline silicon solar cell, a self-cleaning solar cell, and a method for fabricating highly stable perovskite solar cells. The TOE covers innovations in renewable energy production and conversion, such as production of dry pressurized hydrogen and biomethanol. In addition, it provides intelligence on thermal energy storage and deep-water floating wind power generation.
The Energy and Power Systems TOE provides insights on the latest advances in the broad range of technology related to the energy industry. The topics regularly presented range from energy storage technologies (solid state batteries, solar chemical storage and other advanced energy storage devices) to non-renewable energy such as oil and gas. Special emphasis is given to emerging areas in the renewable sector such as photovoltaics, wind energy, and geothermal energy, and emerging alternative fuels such as hydrogen, syngas, ethanol and biofuels. The EPS TOE keeps clients abreast of the latest R&D developments at major corporate and academic research centers, provides competitor intelligence and helps create strategic alliances.
The Energy and Environment cluster provides global insights and intelligence on a wide variety of disruptive emerging technologies and platforms ranging from energy storage, advanced batteries, solar and wind energy, to unconventional oil, bioenergy, geothermal energy, and energy transmission.
Table of Contents
Advancements in Renewable Energy, Biofuel Production, and Energy Storage
- Novel Battery Material Provides Safe and Fast Charging
- Transparent Crystalline Silicon Solar Cells
- Novel Method for Producing Renewable Energy from Water
- Silicon Solar Cell with Enhanced Self-cleaning Properties
- Advanced Lithium-ion Battery with Improved Lifetime
- High Capacity, Fast-charging, Long-lasting Li-ion Battery
- Ultra-high Capacity Lithium-sulfur Battery
- Low-cost Thermal Battery for Grid-scale Applications
- Deep-water Offshore Wind Energy Generating System
- Low-cost Geothermal Energy Storage System
- Electric Generator Powered by Industrial-grade Hydrogen
- Manufacturing of Stable Perovskite Solar Cell
- Production of Dry Pressurized Hydrogen Directly from Steam
- Conversion of Carbon Dioxide into Biomethanol
- Key Contacts
- Your Thought Leader