The total telecom service revenue in Ghana will grow at a CAGR of 4.1% over the 2021-2026 period, from an estimated $1.9 billion in 2021 to $2.3 billion by the end of 2026, with contribution from mobile data service and fixed broadband segments. Mobile data revenue will grow from an estimated $1.1 billion in 2021 to $1.6 billion by 2026, at a CAGR of 8.2% over 2021-2026, driven by growing mobile internet subscriptions on the back of expanding mobile network coverage.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Demographic and macroeconomic context in Ghana.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, DTT migration, IoT regulations, etc.
- Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, and mobile data markets.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
- Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications market.
- Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
- The overall telecom services revenue in Ghana will grow at a CAGR of 4.1% during the forecast period 2021-2026, to reach $2.3 billion by 2026.
- Mobile data service revenues will grow at a CAGR of 8.2% over 2021-2026, driven by growing mobile internet subscription on the back of expanding mobile network coverage initiatives by the government and operators.
- Fixed broadband service revenue will increase at a CAGR of 12.2% over 2021-2026, supported by growing adoption of broadband services on the back of increasing fixed network coverage.
Reasons to Buy
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Ghana’s telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying the publisher’s Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Ghana’s mobile communications, fixed telephony, and broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Ghana’s telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Ghana.
Table of Contents
- Market highlights
- Demographic, macroeconomic, and regulatory context
- Demographic and macroeconomic context
- Regulatory context
- Telecom market outlook
- Total telecom service revenue
- Mobile services market
- Fixed services market
- Competitive landscape and company snapshots
- Competitive landscape
- MTN Ghana
- Vodafone Ghana
- AirtelTigo Ghana
- Additional resources
- Baseline forecast assumptions
- Data tables
- Research methodology
- Country Intelligence Report coverage
- About the Publisher
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- MTN Ghana
- Vodafone Ghana
- Airtel Tigo Ghana
- Glo Ghana
- Bharti Airtel
- MainOne Cable Company
- Millicom International Cellular
- Celltel Networks