"Italy Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report", a new Country Intelligence Report by the publisher, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Italy today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2025. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile, and pay-TV segments, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
Total telecom and pay-TV services revenue in Italy was $23.8 billion in 2020. The market will increase at a CAGR of 3.6% over 2020-2025 to $28.4 billion in 2025, supported by projected growth in revenue in mobile data, fixed broadband, and pay-TV services segments. Mobile data revenue will grow at a CAGR of 10.9% over 2020-2025, mainly driven by rising mobile internet subscriptions and increasing mobile data ARPU. Operators’ investment in 5G network deployment nationwide and adoption of higher ARPU 5G plans will further drive mobile data revenue over the forecast period.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following -
- Demographic and macroeconomic context in Italy.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation, and more.
- Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data, and pay-TV markets.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom and pay-TV services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
- Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
- Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
- The overall telecom and pay-TV services revenue in Italy will increase at a CAGR of 3.6% over 2020-2025.
- Mobile will account for 60.7% of the total telecom and pay-TV services revenue by 2025, driven by rising data consumption and adoption of higher ARPU 5G bundled plans.
- 4G will be the most adopted mobile technology across the 2020-2025 period, despite decline in its share to 46.5% by 2025.
- TIM Italy leads Italy’s mobile market in terms of mobile subscriptions for 2020, followed by Vodafone Italy, Wind Tre, Iliad Italy, PosteMobile Italy, Fastweb, and others. The MNOs will continue to focus on 5G development to compete in the mobile services market.
Reasons to Buy
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Italy’s telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying the publisher’s Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Italy’s mobile communications, fixed telephony, broadband and Pay-TV markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Italy’s telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Italy.
Table of Contents
- Market highlights
- Demographic, macroeconomic, and regulatory context
- Demographic and macroeconomic context
- Regulatory context
- Telecom and pay
- TV services market outlook
- Total telecom service revenue
- Mobile services market
- Fixed services market
- Pay TV services market
- Competitive landscape and company snapshots
- Competitive landscape
- Telecom Italia
- Vodafone Italy
- Wind Tre
- Iliad Italy
- Additional resources
- Baseline forecast assumptions
- Data tables
- Research methodology
- Country Intelligence Report coverage
- About the Publisher
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- TIM Italy
- Vodafone Italy
- Wind Tre
- Sky Italia
- Illiad Italy
- Open Fiber
- Optima Mobile
- Tik Tok