1h Free Analyst Time"Portugal Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report," a new Country Intelligence Report by the publisher, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Portugal today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2025. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile, and pay-TV segments, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
Speak directly to the analyst to clarify any post sales queries you may have.
Total telecom and pay-TV service revenues in Portugal will grow at a CAGR of 1.9% over 2020-2025, supported by revenue growth in mobile data and fixed broadband segments. Mobile data service revenues will grow at a strong CAGR of 9.3% over 2020-2025, driven by the expansion of 4G and 5G coverage and rising mobile data consumption of online video content and social networking applications. Fixed broadband service revenues, will also increase during 2020-2025 period at a CAGR of 3.2%, driven by projected growth in FTTH/B, cable and fixed wireless subscriptions on the back of ongoing coverage expansion and increasing broadband ARPUs due to multi-play bundling.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following -
- Demographic and macroeconomic context in Portugal.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation and more.
- Telecom services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, and mobile data markets.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
- Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications markets.
- Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
- The overall telecom service revenue in Portugal will grow at a CAGR of 1.9% over 2020-2025.
- Mobile revenue will account for 44.9% share of total telecom service revenue by year-end 2025, driven by the expansion of 4G and 5G coverage and rising mobile data consumption of online video content and social networking applications mobile data consumption.
- 4G will remain the most adopted mobile technology across the forecast period and will account for approximately 66.1% share of the total mobile subscriptions by 2025.
- MEO leads Portugal’s mobile market in terms of mobile subscriptions in 2020, followed by NOS, Vodafone Portugal, and Lycamobile.
Reasons to Buy
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Portugal’s telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying the publisher’s Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Portugal’s mobile communications, fixed telephony, fixed broadband, and pay-TV markets including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Portugal’s telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Portugal.
Table of Contents
- Demographic, macroeconomic, and regulatory context
- Demographic and macroeconomic context
- Regulatory context
- Telecom market outlook
- Total telecom service revenue
- Mobile services market
- Fixed services market
- Pay-TV service market
Competitive landscape and company snapshots
- Competitive landscape
- Vodafone Portugal
- Additional resources
- Baseline forecast assumptions
- Data tables
- Research methodology
- Country Intelligence Report coverage
- About Us
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Vodafone Portugal
- Dense Air
- Morgan Stanley Infrastructure Partners
- PT Live