1h Free Analyst TimeTop Trends in Dairy 2020
Speak directly to the analyst to clarify any post sales queries you may have.
"Top Trends in Dairy 2020" outlines the key consumer and innovation trends currently impacting the global dairy market. It addresses how the evolution of health-consciousness is impacting dairy choices, and how manufacturers can meet the often conflicting desires for experiential enjoyment and convenience. Analysis also extends to key ingredient and packaging trends, as well as future-focused insight that indicates prospective growth drivers for the sector.
The evolution of "health-consciousness" is both an opportunity and challenge for dairy industry players. As consumers take a greater interest in how their diets can help prevent or manage their health concerns, the inherent health benefits of traditional dairy products are well-placed to position themselves as an integral part of consumer diets. However, more holistic approaches to health are elevating the plant-based movement as consumers strive to make more sustainable choices. This mentality is being driven by Millennials, whose lack of brand loyalty and desire for more personalized food and drinks is adding yet another layer of complexity to a category whose wholesomeness and natural goodness has remained broadly uncontested until now.
- With only around one in 10 global consumers actively trying to reduce their dairy consumption, the rise in plant-based dairy is less likely to be a function of consumers' resistance to traditional dairy, but rather a reflection of efforts to embrace plant-based foods more generally.
- Experimental behavior is commonly associated with pleasure-oriented categories such as confectionery and snacks. It is therefore significant that consumers are more likely to experiment with dairy products than characteristically indulgent products such as savory snacks and alcoholic drinks.
- Drinkable yogurt is forecast to enjoy the strongest growth in both value and volume terms, illustrating the potential of convenience-focused product formats.
Reasons to buy:
- Identify the reasons underpinning consumers' inclination to purchase specific dairy products.
- Gain insight into the key consumer trends that are most likely to drive innovation.
- Put innovative products into context by connecting them to specific consumer trends and preferences.
Table of Contents1. Introduction
2. Consumer Trends: the behaviors influencing demand for dairy
3. Innovation Trends: how brands are responding to evolving consumer needs
The Pro-Plant Push
The Next Cash Cows
4. Looking Ahead: future innovation opportunities in dairy
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Biotiful Dairy
- Belle Chevre
- Bam Organic
- Forager Project
- Borges Natura
- Minor Figures
- Perfect Day
- Bear & The Rat
- La Capricieuse