1h Free Analyst TimeHSBC Holdings (HSBC) is a provider of banking and financial solutions. It offers retail, business, and commercial banking; private banking; and wealth management services through its subsidiaries. The group's offerings include personal and commercial loans, deposit services, mortgages, card products, insurance solutions, asset and investment management, transaction banking, capital markets, and trusts and estate planning. It has a presence in Europe, Asia, the Middle East, North Africa, North America, and Latin America.
Speak directly to the analyst to clarify any post sales queries you may have.
This report provides insight into HSBC's fintech activities, including its digital transformation strategies, innovation programs, technology initiatives, estimated ICT budget, and major ICT contracts.
In 2016, HSBC and ASTRI jointly launched HSBC-ASTRI RDI Lab to develop innovative financial technologies across Asia. The lab focuses on fintech solutions including AI, biometrics, big data analytics, blockchain, cybersecurity, and internet finance.
In 2016, HSBC formed the Innovation Team, which focuses on fostering innovation internally. It also handles external activities, including collaborations with universities and research institutions, accelerator programs, and identifying innovative companies for partnership or investment.
Launched in 2014, Ventures, Innovation, and Partnerships (previously known as Strategic Innovation Investments) is the venture capital arm of HSBC, investing in early-stage companies that are aligned with HSBC's business segments. It co-invests with other corporate or financial investors. It also manages consortium investments across HSBC Group. Its investments are primarily focused on cybersecurity, fraud prevention, automation, AI, risk management, and analytics technologies.
- HSBC is adopting and investing in digital technologies to enhance its ability to provide innovative products and services to its customers. Its suite of mobile banking apps empowers customers to manage their money more quickly, conveniently, and safely.
- In line with its digital strategy, HSBC is focusing on leveraging AI, machine learning, and data analytics to improve online and mobile banking experiences for customers and automate middle- and back-office processes. It is also leveraging AI for risk and compliance management.
- The bank has opened several HSBC University hubs, which act as learning and development centers for employees. The hubs provide access to digital training, and the bank has trained its frontline employees to become digital experts.
- In 2021, HSBC invested $6 billion in technology and operational capabilities to drive operating productivity across businesses and geographies and offer better customer experience. Around 97% of transactions are now fully automated.
Reasons to Buy
- Gain insights into HSBC's tech operations.
- Gain insights into its tech strategies and innovation initiatives.
- Gain insights into its technology themes under focus.
- Gain insights into its various product launches, partnerships, and investment strategies.
Table of Contents
- Digital Transformation Strategy
- Accelerators, Incubators, and Other Innovation Programs
- Technology Focus
- Technology Initiatives
- Venture Arm
- Partnership and Investment Network Map
- ICT Budget and Contracts
- Key Executives
- About the Publisher
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Element AI
- Amazon Web Services
- GT Nexus
- CXA Group
- Silent Eight
- Menlo Security