The need to more efficiently harvest energy for electronics has spurred investigation into materials that can harvest energy from locally abundant sources. Ferroelectric Materials for Energy Harvesting and Storage is the first book to bring together fundamental mechanisms for harvesting various abundant energy sources using ferroelectric and piezoelectric materials. The authors discuss strategies of designing materials for efficiently harvesting energy sources like solar, wind, wave, temperature fluctuations, mechanical vibrations, biomechanical motion, and stray magnetic fields. In addition, concepts of the high density energy storage using ferroelectric materials is explored. Ferroelectric Materials for Energy Harvesting and Storage is appropriate for those working in materials science and engineering, physics, chemistry and electrical engineering disciplines.
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
2. Solar energy harvesting with ferroelectric materials
3. Harvesting thermal energy with ferroelectric materials
4. Leveraging size effects in flexoelectric-piezoelectric vibration energy harvesting
5. Modeling and identification of nonlinear piezoelectric material properties for energy harvesting
6. Wind energy harvesting using piezoelectric materials
7. Biomechanical energy harvesting with piezoelectric materials
8. Harvesting stray magnetic field for powering wireless sensors
9. Lead-based and lead-free ferroelectric ceramic capacitors for electrical energy storage