Analytical Pyrolysis of Natural Organic Polymers, Second Edition, Volume 20 describes the methodology of analytical pyrolysis, the results of pyrolysis for a variety of biopolymers, and several practical applications of analytical pyrolysis on natural organic polymers and their composite materials. The book describes the results of pyrolysis for biopolymers and some chemically modified natural organic polymers. In addition, the many applications of analytical pyrolysis are covered in detail, including topics such as polymer detection used in forensic science, structure elucidation of specific polymers, and identification of small molecules present in polymers (anti-oxidants, plasticizers, etc.).
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
2. Analytical Pyrolysis of Polyterpenes
3. Analytical Pyrolysis of Polymeric Carbohydrates
4. Analytical Pyrolysis of Polymeric Materials with Lipid Moieties
5. Analytical Pyrolysis of Lignins
6. Analytical Pyrolysis of Polymeric Tannins
7. Analytical Pyrolysis of Caramel Colors and of Maillard Browning Polymers
8. Analytical Pyrolysis of Proteins
9. Nucleic Acids
10. Analytical Pyrolysis of Several Organic Geopolymers
11. Analytical Pyrolysis of Other Natural Organic Polymers
12. Analytical Pyrolysis of Plant Materials
13. Analytical Pyrolysis of Microorganisms
14. Other Applications of Analytical Pyrolysis
Dr. Serban C. Moldoveanu is Sr. Principal Scientist at R. J. Reynolds Tobacco Co. His research activity is focused on various aspects of chromatography including method development for the analysis by GC/MS, HPLC, and LC/MS/MS of natural products and cigarette smoke. He also performed research on pyrolysis of a variety of polymers and small molecules. He has over 130 publications in peer reviewed journals, 12 books, and several chapter contributions. He is a member of the editorial board of the Journal of Analytical Methods in Chemistry.