The total telecom and pay-TV service revenues will grow at a CAGR of 3.6% over the 2021-2026 period, from $8.7 billion in 2021 to $10.3 billion by the end of 2026, supported by growth in mobile data, fixed broadband and pay-TV segments. Mobile data service revenue will grow from $3.7 billion in 2021 to $5.7 billion by 2026, increasing at a CAGR of 9% over 2021-2026. The growth is driven by rising data usage over 3G/4G networks, 4G network expansion, and increasing in mobile data service ARPU over the forecast period. Fixed broadband service revenue will increase at a robust CAGR of 15.5% over 2021-2026, driven by projected growth in fiber and fixed wireless subscriptions on the back of the government’s efforts to expand fixed broadband network in the country.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following -
- Demographic and macroeconomic context in Nigeria.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, DTT migration, IoT regulations, etc.
- Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data, and pay-TV markets.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom and pay-TV services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
- Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
- Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
- The overall telecom and pay-TV services revenue in Nigeria will grow at a CAGR of 3.6% during the forecast period 2021-2026, to reach $10.3 billion by 2026.
- Mobile data service revenues will grow at a CAGR of 9% over 2021-2026, driven by rising data usage over 3G/4G networks, 4G network expansion, and increasing in mobile data service ARPU over the forecast period.
- Pay-TV service revenue will increase at a CAGR of 10.4% over 2021-2026, supported by the growth in pay-TV subscriptions over the forecast period and operators’ focus on providing sports and local content.
Reasons to Buy
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Nigeria’s telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying Our Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Nigeria’s mobile communications, fixed telephony, broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Nigeria’s telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Nigeria.
Table of Contents
- Market Highlights
- Demographic, Macroeconomic, and Regulatory Context
- Demographic and Macroeconomic Context
- Regulatory Context
- Telecom Market Outlook
- Total Telecom Service Revenue
- Mobile Services Market
- Fixed Services Market
- Pay-Tv Service Market
- Competitive Landscape and Company Snapshots
- Competitive Landscape
- Mtn Nigeria
- Glo Nigeria
- Airtel Nigeria
- Additional Resources
- Baseline Forecast Assumptions
- Data Tables
- Research Methodology
- Country Intelligence Report Coverage
- About the Publisher
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- MTN Nigeria
- Glo Nigeria
- Airtel Nigeria
- Mafab Communications
- Eutelsat Communications