The 2nd Edition of the 5G Tariff Tracker covers pricing for 27 countries and over 60 operators across the globe. Detailed information such as price in local currency and Euros, inclusive allowances, speeds and Value-added and how 5G pricing compares with 4G pricing is provided in an easy-to-use format.
The research finds that different approaches have been taken:
- Charging a premium for 5G, with some waiving the charge for some months.
- Launching a completely new set of price plans
- Other charge the same as for 4G, make 5G only available to the upper-priced plans.
- Make 5G available to the prepaid market, though very few operators.
- Download speeds are as high as up to 2 Gbps, with the most common average advertised download speed now being 1,000 Mbps.
- The majority of 5G plans are still based on data consumed rather than on download speed
- Highest 5G price levels are to be found in the Middle East though also have the highest mobile data allowances.
- Out of 5G plans surveyed worldwide, the greatest proportion consists of mobile data allowances of less than 100 GB per month. The single most common allowance is 100 GB.
5G services are still at an emergent stage, with network coverage, the availability, and the purchase cost of handsets acting as barriers to mass-market deployment. The deployment of 5G already has been surprisingly widespread when compared with the early stage of 4G LTE.
And 5G is soon poised to enter the mainstream as more MNOs offer lower-cost entry-level packages and the availability of lower-cost 5G smartphones starts to improve later in 2020. These two trends have the potential to make 5G the transformative technology of the year.
The June 2020 (2nd edition) covers operators as given below, with each update, the coverage will be enhanced as new launches are announced.
- Saudi Arabia
- Hong Kong
- New Zealand
- South Korea
- South Africa
Frequency: Updated quarterly.
Why should you buy this 5G Bundle?
- Compiled by Tariff Experts with over 30 years of experience in Tariffs
- Multi-lingual research team
- Free Enquiry Service with quick response
Extra Benefits by subscribing to 5G Tariff Tracker
- SnapShot 155 - Coverage of 5G launches January to June 2020
- SnapShot: 5G vs. 4G deployments, pricing & speeds, provided in PowerPoint (32 slides) published in November 2019
- 3 UK
- LG Uplus
- SK Telecom
The analyst researches its reports typically within a three-month period. All of its reports are based on primary and secondary research including interviews with relevant companies/operators covered in the report. The analyst also draws on its extensive in-house database and its contacts in the field of telecommunications it has established since the company was launched in 2006.
The analyst has 26-years of experience in the field of telecoms pricing both mobile and fixed. They have a network of consultants as well as a multi-lingual research team, with languages spoken French, German, Polish and Spanish.