1h Free Analyst TimeCOVID-19 HOT TOPIC: Retailers' response to COVID-19
Speak directly to the analyst to clarify any post sales queries you may have.
The COVID -19 HOT TOPIC: Retailers' response to COVID-19 report looks at how retailers have adjusted their operations in reaction to the pandemic. We look at the key themes including limited purchases of certain items, store closures and looking after staff.
- Grocers have responded admirably, acting quickly to introduce new measures when their products are in high demand.
- Many non-food retailers closed stores in advance of the government lockdown to protect the health of their staff and encourage social distancing.
Reasons to Buy
- Use our research to understand how retailers are responding to the coronavirus crisis and what their priorities are.
- Understand how grocers are responding and improving their brand image by supporting their staff and vulnerable people.
- Understand how non-food retailers are stepping up to help at a time when demand for their products has fallen.
Table of ContentsIntroduction
Summary of Retailers' Response to Covid-19
Key Themes in Retailers' Actions
Limiting Bulk Buying
Creating Temporary Jobs and Adapting Roles
Supporting the Vulnerable and Wider Community
Harnessing Production Capacity
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Oliver Bonas
- Co op
- John Lewis & Partners
- Home Bargains
- In The Style
- River Island
- The Works