“CAR T-Cell Therapy for Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALL)- Market Insights and Market Forecast- 2030” report delivers an in-depth understanding of the CAR T-Cell Therapy use for Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia as well as the CAR T-Cell Therapy market trends for Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia in the 6MM i.e., United States and EU5 (Germany, Spain, Italy, France and the United Kingdom).
The CAR T-Cell Therapy for Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia market report provides current treatment practices, emerging drugs, market share of various CAR T-Cell Therapies for Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia, the individual therapies, current and forecasted market Size from 2017 to 2030 segmented by EU5 and the United States markets. The Report also covers current Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia treatment practice/algorithm, market drivers, market barriers and unmet medical needs to curate best of the opportunities and assesses underlying potential of the market.
- The United States
- EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain and the United Kingdom)
Study Period: 2017-2030
Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia Disease Understanding, Use of CAR-T Cell Therapies and Treatment Algorithm
Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia and use of CAR-T Cell Therapies Overview
Chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) T-cell therapy involves genetic modification of patient's autologous T-cells to express a CAR, specific for a tumor antigen, followed by ex vivo cell expansion and re-infusion back to the patient. CAR T-cells are the fusion proteins of a selected single-chain fragment variable from a specific monoclonal antibody and one or more T-cell receptor intracellular signalling domains.
A CAR combines antigen-binding domains-most commonly, a single-chain variable fragment (scFv) derived from the variable domains of antibodies with the signalling domains of the TCR chain and additional costimulatory domains from receptors, such as CD28, OX40, and CD137 (Morgenstern & Irwin, 2019).
T-cell genetic modification may occur either via viral-based gene transfer methods or non-viral methods, such as DNA-based transposons, CRISPR/Cas9 technology, zinc finger nuclease (ZFN), transcription activator-like effector nuclease (TALEN), or direct transfer of in vitro transcribed-mRNA by electroporation.
Acute lymphoblastic leukemia is the most common type of childhood cancer affecting the blood and bone marrow. The main treatment for ALL in adults is typically long-term chemotherapy that takes place in three phases: induction, consolidation, and maintenance treatment.
CAR T-cells targeted to CD19 have resulted in unprecedented remission rates for adult and pediatric patients with relapsed and refractory B cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL).
Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia Diagnosis
To diagnose leukemia, doctors perform a number of tests. Usually, doctors begin with a blood test (called a CBC, or complete blood count). Although the blood test may show leukemia cells, doctors need to examine a sample of bone marrow before confirming the exact diagnosis. This sample is obtained by performing a bone marrow aspirate, where doctors take a small amount of fluid from the bone marrow, where blood cells are made. Then they examine the fluid under a microscope to confirm the type of cancer before they begin treatment.
An additional test that may be performed along with the bone marrow aspirate is a bone marrow biopsy. A bone marrow biopsy may help in making a diagnosis when there are too few cells in the aspirate sample.
Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia Treatment
It covers the details of conventional and current medical therapies available in the Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia market for the treatment of the condition. It also provides the country-wise treatment guidelines and algorithm across the United States and Europe.
The CAR-T Cell Therapy for Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia market report gives a thorough understanding of Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia by including details such as disease definition, symptoms, causes, pathophysiology, and diagnosis. It also provides Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia treatment algorithms and treatment guidelines for Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia in the US and Europe.
Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia CAR-T cell Therapy Chapters
Therapy chapter segment of the CAR-T Cell Therapy for Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia report encloses the detailed analysis of Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia marketed drugs and late stage (Phase-III and Phase-II) pipeline drugs based on CAR-T Cell therapies. It also helps to understand the Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia CAR-T Cell therapies based clinical trial details, expressive pharmacological action, agreements and collaborations, approval and patent details, advantages and disadvantages of each included therapy and the latest news and press releases.
Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia Marketed CAR-T Cell Therapies
Kymriah (tisagenlecleucel): Novartis
Currently, Novartis' Kymriah (tisagenlecleucel) is the only approved therapy available in the ALL market. It is the first chimeric antigen receptor T cell (CAR-T) therapy approved. A novel immunocellular therapy and one-time treatment, Kymriah uses patient's T cells to fight cancer. With the approval of Kymriah, investors have started to shift their focus on a number of companies which have been developing their pipeline candidates to remain afloat in the highly competitive environment.
Product details in the report.
Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia Emerging CAR-T Cell Therapies
PBCAR0191: Precision BioSciences
PBCAR0191 is a novel CD19 targeted allogeneic CAR T therapy candidate being developed by Precision BioSciences for the treatment of relapsed/refractory (r/r) B-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia (B-ALL) and non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL), and currently, it is in phase I/IIa clinical trial. It is the Company's first gene-edited allogeneic anti-CD19 CAR T-cell product candidate which is being developed in collaboration with Servier.
Product details in the report.
Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia CAR-T Cell Therapies Market Outlook
The Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia market outlook of the report helps to build the detailed comprehension of the historic, current and forecasted Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia market trends by analyzing the impact of current CAR-T cell therapies on the market, unmet needs, drivers and barriers and demand of better technology.
This segment gives a through detail of Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia market trend of each marketed drug and late-stage pipeline CAR-T cell therapies by evaluating their impact based on annual cost of therapy, inclusion and exclusion criteria's, mechanism of action, compliance rate, growing need of the market, increasing patient pool, covered patient segment, expected launch year, competition with other therapies, brand value, their impact on the market and view of the key opinion leaders. The calculated market data are presented with relevant tables and graphs to give a clear view of the market at first sight.
According to the publisher, CAR-T Cell Therapies for Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia market in the United States and Europe is expected to change in the study period 2017-2030.
Market Size of CAR T-Cell Therapy for Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia in the 6MM is expected to be USD 1,315.7 Million in 2030.
Owing to the launch of upcoming therapies, market size shall increase during forecast period (2020-2030).
Among the EU-5 countries, the Germany, France, Italy accounts for highest market size for CAR T-Cell Therapy for Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia followed by UK and Spain.
Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia CAR-T Cell Therapies Uptake
This section focuses on the rate of uptake of the potential CAR-T Cell therapies recently launched in the Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia market or expected to get launched in the market during the study period 2017-2030. The analysis covers Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia market uptake by drugs; patient uptake by therapies; and sales of each drug.
This helps in understanding the drugs with the most rapid uptake, reasons behind the maximal use of new drugs and allows the comparison of the drugs on the basis of market share and Size which again will be useful in investigating factors important in market uptake and in making financial and regulatory decisions.
Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia CAR-T Cell Therapy Pipeline Development Activities
The report provides insights into different CAR-T based therapeutic candidates in Phase II, and Phase III stage. It also analyses Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia key players involved in developing targeted therapeutics.
Pipeline Development Activities
The report covers the detailed information of collaborations, acquisition and merger, licensing and patent details for Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia emerging CAR-T Cell therapies.
Reimbursement Scenario in Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia CAR-T Cell Therapies
Approaching reimbursement proactively can have a positive impact both during the late stages of product development and well after product launch. In report we take reimbursement into consideration to identify economically attractive indications and market opportunities. When working with finite resources, the ability to select the markets with the fewest reimbursement barriers can be a critical business & price strategy.
KOL - Views
To keep up with current market trends, we take KOLs and SME's opinion working in CAR-T Cell therapies for Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia domain through primary research to fill the data gaps and validate our secondary research. Their opinion helps to understand and validate current and emerging therapies treatment patterns or Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia market trend. This will support the clients in potential upcoming novel treatment by identifying the overall scenario of the market and the unmet needs.
Competitive Intelligence Analysis
The publisher performs Competitive & Market Intelligence analysis of the Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia Market by using various Competitive Intelligence tools that includes - SWOT analysis, PESTLE analysis, Porter's five forces, BCG Matrix, Market entry strategies etc. The inclusion of the analysis entirely depends upon the data availability.
Scope of the Report
- The report covers the descriptive overview of Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia, explaining its causes, signs and symptoms, pathophysiology and currently available therapies
- Additionally, an all-inclusive account of both the current and emerging therapies for Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia based on CAR-T are provided, along with the assessment of new therapies, which will have an impact on the current treatment landscape
- A detailed review of Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia market; historical and forecasted is included in the report, covering drug outreach in the United States and Europe
- The report provides an edge while developing business strategies, by understanding trends shaping and driving the global Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia CAR-T cell therapy market
- In the coming years, CAR-T Cell therapy based Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia market is set to change due to the rising awareness of the disease, and incremental healthcare spending across the world; which would expand the Size of the market to enable the drug manufacturers to penetrate more into the market
- The companies and academics are working to assess challenges and seek opportunities that could influence Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia R&D pertaining to the CAR-T. The therapies under development are focused on novel approaches to treat/improve the disease condition
- Major players are involved in developing CAR-T cell therapies for Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia. Launch of emerging therapies, will significantly impact the Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia market
- A better understanding of disease pathogenesis will also contribute to the development of novel CAR-T therapeutics for Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia
- The in-depth analysis of the pipeline assets across different stages of development (Phase III and Phase II), different emerging trends and comparative analysis of pipeline products with detailed clinical profiles, key cross-competition, launch date along with product development activities will support the clients in the decision-making process regarding their therapeutic portfolio by identifying the overall scenario of the research and development activities
Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia Report Insights
- Therapeutic Approaches
- Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia CAR-T Cell therapies Pipeline Analysis
- Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia CAR-T Cell therapies Market Size and Trends
- Market Opportunities
- Impact of upcoming CAR-T Cell therapies
Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia Report Key Strengths
- 11 Years Forecast
- The United States and Europe Coverage
- Key Cross Competition
- Highly Analyzed Market
- Drugs Uptake
Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia Report Assessment
- Current Treatment Practices
- Unmet Needs
- Pipeline Product Profiles
- Market Attractiveness
- Market Drivers and Barriers
- What was the Market share of the CAR-T Cell therapies for Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (%) distribution in 2017 and how it would look like in 2030?
- What would be the Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia total market Size as well as market Size by CAR-T therapies across the United States and Europe during the forecast period (2017-2030)?
- What are the key findings pertaining to the market across the United States and Europe and which country will have the largest CAR-T Cells therapy based Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia market Size during the forecast period (2017-2030)?
- At what CAGR, the CAR-T Cell therapies based Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia market is expected to grow across the United States and Europe during the forecast period (2017-2030)?
- What would be the CAR-T Cell therapies specific Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia market outlook across the across the United States and Europe during the forecast period (2017-2030)?
- What would be the Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia CAR-T cell therapies market growth till 2030 and what will be the resultant market Size in the year 2030?
- How would the market drivers, barriers and future opportunities affect the market dynamics and a subsequent analysis of the associated trends?
Current Treatment Scenario, Marketed Drugs and Emerging Therapies:
- What are the current CAR-T Cell therapies options for the treatment of Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia along with the approved therapy?
- What are the current treatment guidelines for the treatment of Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia in the USA and Europe?
- What are the CAR-T based Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia marketed drugs and their MOA, regulatory milestones, product development activities, advantages, disadvantages, safety and efficacy etc.?
- How many companies are developing CAR-T Cell therapies for the treatment of Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia?
- How many CAR-T cell therapies are developed by each company for the treatment of Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia?
- How many emerging CAR-T cell therapies are in mid stage, and late stage of development for the treatment of Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia?
- What are the key collaborations (Industry-Industry, Industry-Academia), Mergers and acquisitions, licensing activities related to the Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia CAR-T Cell therapies?
- What are the recent novel CAR-T Cell therapies, targets, mechanisms of action and technologies developed to overcome the limitation of existing CAR-T Cell therapies?
- What are the clinical studies going on for CAR-T Cell therapies for Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia and their status?
- What are the key designations that have been granted for the emerging CAR-T Cell therapies for Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia?
- What are the global historical and forecasted market of CAR-T Cell therapies for Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia?
Reasons to Buy
- The report will help in developing business strategies by understanding trends shaping and driving the CAR-T Cell therapies Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia market
- To understand the future market competition in the Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia CAR-T Cell therapies market and Insightful review of the key market drivers and barriers
- Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the best opportunities for CAR-T Cell therapies for Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia in US, Europe (Germany, Spain, Italy, France and the United Kingdom)
- Identification of strong upcoming players in market will help in devising strategies that will help in getting ahead of competitors
- Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the best opportunities for CAR-T Cell therapies for Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia market
- To understand the future market competition in the CAR-T Cell therapies for Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia market
2. Executive Summary
3. CAR T-Cell Therapy Market Overview at a Glance
3.1. Market Share (%) Distribution of CAR T-Cell Therapy for ALL in 2030
4. CAR T-Cell Therapy Background and Overview
4.1.1. CARs Generations
4.1.2. Genetic Engineering of T-Cells
4.1.3. How CAR T-Cell Therapy Works
4.2. Current challenges in CAR T
4.2.1. Therapeutic side effects
4.2.2. CAR T-cells ─ lack of success
4.3. CAR T-cell therapy: Route to reimbursement
4.4. Unmet needs
5. CAR T-Cell Therapy for Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALL): 6 Major Market Analysis
5.1. Key Findings
5.2. Market Size of CAR T-Cell Therapy in 6MM
5.2.1. Market Size of CAR T-Cell Therapy by Therapies
6. Market Outlook
6.1. KYMRIAH: NOVARTIS
6.1.1. Product Description
6.1.2. Research and Development
6.1.3. Product Development Activities
7. Emerging Drug Profiles for ALL
7.1. MB-CART19.1: Miltenyi Biotec B.V. & Co. KG
7.1.1. Product Description
7.1.2. Research and Development
7.1.3. Product Development Activities
7.2. PBCAR0191: Precision BioSciences
7.2.1. Product Description
7.2.2. Research and Development
7.2.3. Product Development Activities
7.3. AUTO3: Autolus Limited
7.3.1. Product Description:
7.3.2. Research and Development
7.3.3. Product Development Activities
8. United States
8.1. Total Market Size of CAR T-Cell Therapy for Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALL)
8.2. Market Size of CAR T-Cell Therapy by Therapies
9. EU-5 Market Size
9.1.1. Total Market size of CAR T-Cell Therapy for Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALL)
9.1.2. Market Size of CAR T-Cell Therapy by Therapies
9.2.1. Total Market Size of CAR T-Cell Therapy for Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALL)
9.2.2. Market Size of CAR T-Cell Therapy by Therapies
9.3.1. Total Market Size of CAR T-Cell Therapy for Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALL)
9.3.2. Market Size of CAR T-Cell Therapy by Therapies
9.4.1. Total Market Size of CAR T-Cell Therapy for Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALL)
9.4.2. Market Size of CAR T-Cell Therapy by Therapies
9.5. United Kingdom
9.5.1. Total Market Size of CAR T-Cell Therapy for Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALL)
9.5.2. Market Size of CAR T-Cell Therapy by Therapies
10. CAR T-Cell Therapy Clinical Trials in 6MM
11. KOL Views - CAR T-Cell Therapy
12. Market Drivers
13. Market Barriers
14.2. Report Methodology
17. About the Publisher
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Miltenyi Biotec B.V. & Co. KG
- Precision BioSciences
- Autolus Limited