COVID-19, commonly referred to as the Coronavirus, is dominating headlines the world over. The travel & tourism sector is suffering significant disruption and the airlines industry is very much impacted. Air France has not escaped unscathed.
- Air France is the French flag carrier and, as such, the number one airline in the country. This makes it a key player in terms of connectivity to the most visited country in the world (92.8 million visitors in 2019).
- The future of Air France depends on the length of the COVID-19 crisis. The longer it lasts, the more significantly affected the airline will be.
- However, it benefits from the almost unconditional support from the French government and has already implemented plans to safeguard its cash-flow and prepare the resumption of the activities.
- Moreover, the carrier could capitalize on the potential collapse of a number of smaller airlines to grow its network after the crisis.
- This report provides insight into how COVID-19 is impacting Air France and looks at how the airline stacks up against key competitors. It also analyzes what the future may hold for France’s flag carrier.
Reasons to Buy
- Gain an overview of the current global COVID-19 situation
- Understand the impact that COVID-19 is having on the airline industry
- Assess the impact on Air France
- Understand what the future may hold for France’s flag carrier
Table of ContentsOverview
Introduction to Air France
The COVID-19 situation
Air France’s reaction to COVID-19
The situation for other key players
Looking to the future
Terminology and definitions
About the Author
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Air France
- British Airways
- Virgin Atlantic