The market for indium tin oxide is expected to grow at a CAGR greater than 4% globally during the forecast period. Growing demand from the optoelectronic industry and the increase in demand from the solar industry are driving the market. On the flip side, higher production costs coupled with volatile raw material prices are hindering the market growth.
- The indium tin oxide market is expected to grow during the forecast period owing to the increasing demand from the optoelectronic industry.
- Asia-Pacific region is forecasted to dominate the market across the globe with the largest consumption from countries such as China, India, and South Korea.
Key Market Trends
Growing Demand from the Optoelectronics Industry
- Indium tin oxide is widely used in the manufacturing of optoelectrical components and is expected to be the fastest-growing market during the forecast period.
- Indium tin oxide is a mixture of indium oxide and tin oxide and the composition of tin may vary anywhere from 3% to 20% based on the application. Thin layers of indium tin oxide act as a transparent layer in visible light range and allow it to pass through it. In case of infrared light, layers of indium tin oxide act as an opaque layer and it reflects infrared light.
- Among all other Transparent Conductive Oxides (TCOs), indium tin oxide is widely preferred because of its superior electrical conductivity, optical transparency, and high stability. In the optoelectronics industry, it is mainly used to coat semiconductor sensor wirings and manufacture various optoelectrical devices and components such as Liquid Crystal Displays (LCDs), Organic Light-Emitting Diodes (OLEDs), plasma displays and touch screens.
- The increase in consumption of the above mentioned optoelectrical components in laptops, TVs and smartphones is expected to drive the market for the indium tin oxide during the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific Region to Dominate the Market
- Asia-Pacific region is expected to dominate the market for indium tin oxide during the forecast period due to an increase in demand from countries like China, India, and South Korea.
- Indium tin oxide is used in the manufacture of thin-film solar cells which are basic components of solar panels. As part of green energy initiatives and control global warming, the world is shifting towards renewable energy sources such as wind and solar power. This shift towards solar power expected to increase the demand for indium tin oxide.
- The National Energy Administration of China allocated USD 217.27 million for the establishment of new solar power projects in 2020.
- South Korea is among the leading manufacturers of electrical components in the electrical & electronics industry. As per the Korea Electronics Association, Korea made about USD 21,838 million in revenue through displays in the year 2019. Rise in living standards thereby increase in demand for laptops, tablets, smartphones, and TVs are expected to propel the market for the indium tin oxide for display manufacturing during the forecast period.
- The aforementioned factors, coupled with government support, are contributing to the increasing demand for indium tin oxide market in the Asia-Pacific during the forecast period.
The global indium tin oxide market is partially fragmented with players accounting for a marginal share of the market. Few companies include ENAM OPTOELECTRONIC MATERIAL CO., LTD., Indium Corporation, Umicore, MITSUI MINING & SMELTING Co., LTD. and Tosoh Corporation.
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
This product will be delivered within 2 business days.
Table of Contents
1.2 Scope of the Study
4.1.1 Growing Demand from Optoelectronic Industry
4.1.2 Increase in Demand from Solar Industry
4.2.1 Higher Production Costs Coupled with Volatile Raw Material Prices
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Porters Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5.1.1 Sputtering Deposition
5.1.2 Electron Beam Evaporation
5.2.1 Optolectronics (Including Display Panels)
5.2.2 Photo Voltaic Cells
5.2.3 Battery Inhibitors
22.214.171.124 South Korea
126.96.36.199 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.2 North America
188.8.131.52 United States
184.108.40.206 United Kingdom
220.127.116.11 Rest of Europe
5.3.4 South America
18.104.22.168 Rest of South America
5.3.5 Middle-East and Africa
22.214.171.124 Saudi Arabia
126.96.36.199 South Africa
188.8.131.52 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6.2 Market Share Analysis**
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.2 American Elements
6.4.3 Diamond Coatings Inc
6.4.4 ENAM OPTOELECTRONIC MATERIAL CO., LTD.
6.4.5 Guangxi Crystal Union Photoelectric Materials Co., Ltd. (CUPM)
6.4.6 Indium Corporation
6.4.7 Knight Optical Ltd.
6.4.8 MITSUI MINING & SMELTING Co.,LTD.
6.4.9 OPCO LABORATORY, INC.
6.4.10 Tosoh Corporation
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- American Elements
- Diamond Coatings Inc
- ENAM OPTOELECTRONIC MATERIAL CO., LTD.
- Guangxi Crystal Union Photoelectric Materials Co., Ltd. (CUPM)
- Indium Corporation
- Knight Optical Ltd.
- MITSUI MINING & SMELTING Co.,LTD.
- OPCO LABORATORY, INC.
- Tosoh Corporation