The Global Grain Mill Products market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 3.7% during the forecast period (2020-2025).
- Increased out-of-home consumption at cafes and restaurants along with the significant growth in the foodservice industry across the world is increasing the demand for grain mills products.
- The rising demand for packaged/ ready-to-eat food attributed to changing lifestyles and increased per capita income has in-turn increased the demand for grain milling products.
- The change in consumer taste and preferences and rising dietary concerns have increased the demand for gluten-free products. This demand coupled with changing trends in milling technology and automation is expected to increase the scope of the market under study.
Key Market Trends
Rising Demand for Functional Flours
Rising awareness of the potential health benefits offered by functional flours have increased the demand of these products in recent years. In addition to enhanced nutritive value, these flours offer improved moisture retention, versatility, flavor, texture, and mouthfeel, which are usually associated with premium products. The increased demand for such products has been identified by manufacturers and has intensified the trade of functional flours across the globe. Additionally, governments and associations in a few demographics are promoting the usage of nutrient-enriched ingredients to tackle with nutritional deficiency.
Consolidation of the milling industry
Increased demand for grain milling products has seen a rise in competitiveness in the milling sector. But due to a lack of industrial efficiency and declining profitability, operators in the milling sector are seeking options to reduce their operating expenses and improve margins. Business consolidation and increasing the scale of production have been identified as solutions and are being employed by grain millers across the globe to gain a comfortable position over the competition. For instance, the number of flour mills in the European Union has steadily come down from 3,000 to around 2,000 over the past ten years.
The global grain mill products market is fragmented and comprises of numerous regional and international competitors. Some of the major players operating are Archer Daniels Midland Company, Oy Karl Fazer Ab, Ardent Mills, General Mills Inc., Associated British Foods plc, Hodgson Mill, Helsinki Mills Ltd., Wilmar International, Rubin Mühle GmbH and King Arthur Flour Company, Inc., among others.
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
This product will be delivered within 2 business days.
Table of Contents
1.2 Scope of the Study
4.2 Market Restraints
4.3 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.3.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5.2 By End-Use
5.3.1 North America
126.96.36.199 United States
188.8.131.52 Rest of North America
184.108.40.206 United Kingdom
220.127.116.11 Rest of Europe
5.3.3 Asia Pacific
18.104.22.168 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.4 South America
22.214.171.124 Rest of South America
5.3.5 Middle East & Africa
126.96.36.199 South Africa
188.8.131.52 Saudi Arabia
184.108.40.206 Rest of Middle East & Africa
6.2 Most Adopted Strategies
6.3 Market Share Analysis
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 Archer Daniels Midland Company
6.4.2 Oy Karl Fazer Ab
6.4.3 Ardent Mills
6.4.4 General Mills Inc.
6.4.5 Associated British Foods plc
6.4.6 Hodgson Mill
6.4.7 Helsinki Mills Ltd.
6.4.8 Wilmar International
6.4.9 Rubin Mühle GmbH
6.4.10 King Arthur Flour Company, Inc.
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Archer Daniels Midland Company
- Oy Karl Fazer Ab
- Ardent Mills
- General Mills Inc.
- Associated British Foods plc
- Hodgson Mill
- Helsinki Mills Ltd.
- Wilmar International
- Rubin Mühle GmbH
- King Arthur Flour Company, Inc.