- The gauze swabs market is expected to register a CAGR of 5.3% during the forecast period.
- The major factors responsible for the growth of the market are cost-effective, skin-friendly gauze swabs, and technological advancements in the gauze swabs market.
- Moreover, factors such as increasing road, households, and increasing sports accidents leading to the adoption of gauze swabs are driving the market to a certain extent.
- For instance, in 2017, according to the National Safety of Council, Globally, the number of injuries for basketball was 5 lakh which will lead to the adoption of gauze swabs for dressing purposes.
- The presence of such a large target patient pool will drive the market.
- Moreover, the rising aging population who are prone to surgeries also expected to drive the market as a lot number of gauze swabs are used in surgeries and injuries.
Key Market Trends
Sterile Gauze Swabs Segment is Expected to contribute a Majority of Market Share in the Gauze Swabs Market
Sterile gauze swabs are used for temporary dressing purposes owing to which these are highly adopted by the physician as the healing process is much faster and, they are not sticking to the wound, which will further make changing the dressing procedure much easier. These advantages of sterile gauze swabs make this segment comparatively high over non-sterile gauze swabs. Moreover, these sterile gauze swabs are adopted by hospitals, diagnostic laboratories for several surgeries and result in promoting the segment growth.
In addition, the increasing incidences of sports injuries across the globe will result in adoptions of gauze swabs for dressing purposes and promote the overall market.
North America is Expected to Hold a Significant Share in the Market and Expected to do Same in the Forecast Period
North America expected to hold a major market share in the global Gauze Swabs market attributing to increasing healthcare expenditure, presence of well-established healthcare infrastructure and aging population in the United States. Aging population will be more prone to various types of surgeries such as surgeries related to cardiac, pulmonary diseases, abdominal and many more wherein these products are widely used. Furthermore, increasing incidence of accidents is also promoting the adoption of gauze swabs and fuelling the growth of the overall regional market to a large extent.
Asia pacific will going to have a lucrative opportunity as developing countries like India have high incidences of road accidents which further contribute to the adoption of gauze swabs markets for dressing purposes.
The gauze swabs market is fragmented competitive and consists of several major players. In terms of market share, few of the major players are currently dominating the market. Some of the companies which are currently dominating the market are Cardinal Health, 3M, JOHNSON & JOHNSON, Medline Industries Inc., Winner Medical Group Inc., BSN medical, Aero Healthcare, and Baxter International.
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
This product will be delivered within 2 business days.
1.2 Scope of the Study
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Increasing Road Households and Sports Accidents
4.2.2 Rising Number of Surgeries across the Globe
4.3 Market Restraints
4.3.1 High cost of dressings
4.4 Porter's Five Force Analysis
4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.4.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5.1.1 Sterile Gauze Swabs
5.1.2 Non-Sterile Gauze Swabs
5.2 By End User
5.3.1 North America
22.214.171.124 United States
126.96.36.199 United Kingdom
188.8.131.52 Rest of Europe
184.108.40.206 South Korea
220.127.116.11 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.4 Middle-East and Africa
18.104.22.168 South Africa
22.214.171.124 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
5.3.5 South America
126.96.36.199 Rest of South America
6.1.1 Cardinal Health
6.1.2 3M Company
6.1.3 JOHNSON & JOHNSON
6.1.4 Medline Industries Inc
6.1.5 Winner Medical Group Inc.
6.1.6 BSN medical
6.1.7 Aero Healthcare
6.1.8 Baxter International
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Cardinal Health
- 3M Company
- JOHNSON & JOHNSON
- Medline Industries Inc
- Winner Medical Group Inc.
- BSN medical
- Aero Healthcare
- Baxter International