The Uropathy Treatment Market is expected to register a CAGR of 4.2% during the forecast period. Uropathy/obstructive uropathy may occur due to kidney stones, bladder stones, blood clots, uterine cancer, colon cancer, cervical cancer, and problems with the nerves that supply the bladder. Treatment available for management of uropathy includes stents, catheters and drugs.
According to a study published in Advances in Urology, Kidney stone disease is an increasing urological disorder of human health which is affecting about 15% of the world population and it affects all age groups but occurs more frequently in men than in women within the age of 20-49 years. Moreover, during lifetime, approximately 7% of women and 13% of men will develop a kidney stone.
Increasing prevalence of kidney stone, urological disorders and rising incidence of cancer and technological advancement in catheters and stents are the key driving factors in uropathy treatment market.
Key Market Trends
Stents Segment is Expected to Hold a Major Market Share in the Uropathy Treatment Market
- A stent is a thin tube used to prevent or treat a blockage that prevents the flow of urine from the kidneys. The length of the stents used in adult patients varies between 24 and 30 cm. Additionally, stents come in differing gauges or diameters, to fit different size ureters.
- According to the American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP), Kidney stones are a common disorder, with an annual incidence of eight cases per 1,000 adults. Moreover, around 13% of men and 7% of women develop a kidney stone in their lifetime and the overall incidence of urinary retention is 4.5 to 6.8 per 1,000 men, per year, in the United States. Moreover, the stent is used when there is a blockage in the ureter (in case of kidney stones) and allows urine to drain around the blockage and also decrease the pain associated with the blockage (i.e. kidney stone). In some cases, infection associated with the kidney stone stents helps to drain the infected urine.
- Stents segment holds a significant market share in the uropathy treatment market and is anticipated to show a similar trend over the forecast period due to the availability of specific product types according to the requirements.
- Increasing prevalence of urological disorders and technological advancement in the material used for stents are the key driving factors in the stents segment.
North America is Expected to Hold a Significant Share in the Market and Expected to do Same in the Forecast Period
North America is expected to hold a major market share in the global uropathy treatment market due to increasing prevalence of kidney stones in this region. According to a study published in the Clinical Journal of the American Society of Nephrology, in the United States, 1 in 11 individuals will experience a urinary stone in their lifetime. In addition, the frequency of urinary stone disease (USD) in children is increasing (4%-6%) yearly, particularly among adolescents. Furthermore, the increase in technological advancements and new product launches, and the presence of well-established healthcare infrastructure is also fueling the growth of the overall regional market to a large extent.
The Uropathy Treatment Market is fragmented competitive and consists of several major players. Some of the leading companies operating in the market include Boston Scientific Corporation, Cook Medical, Bayer AG, Sanofi, B. Braun Melsungen AG, C. R. Bard, Inc, Olympus Corporation, Teleflex Incorporated, Merit Medical Systems, Inc and Argon Medical Devices, Inc.
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
This product will be delivered within 2 business days.
Table of Contents
1.2 Scope of the Study
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Increasing Prevalence of Urological Disorders
4.2.2 Technological Advancement in the Material Used for Catheters and Stents
4.3 Market Restraints
4.3.1 Risk of Infection due to Stents and Catheters
4.3.2 Discomfort and Pain due to Stents and Catheters
4.4 Porter's Five Force Analysis
4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.4.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
22.214.171.124 Other Devices
5.2.1 Hospitals and Clinics
5.2.2 Ambulatory Surgical Centre
5.2.3 Other End-users
5.3.1 North America
126.96.36.199 United States
188.8.131.52 United Kingdom
184.108.40.206 Rest of Europe
220.127.116.11 South Korea
18.104.22.168 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.4 Middle-East and Africa
22.214.171.124 South Africa
126.96.36.199 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
5.3.5 South America
188.8.131.52 Rest of South America
6.1.1 Boston Scientific Corporation
6.1.2 Cook Medical
6.1.3 Bayer AG
6.1.5 B. Braun Melsungen AG
6.1.6 C. R. Bard, Inc
6.1.7 Olympus Corporation
6.1.8 Teleflex Incorporated
6.1.9 Merit Medical Systems, Inc
6.1.10 Argon Medical Devices, Inc
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Boston Scientific Corporation
- Cook Medical
- Bayer AG
- B. Braun Melsungen AG
- C. R. Bard, Inc
- Olympus Corporation
- Teleflex Incorporated
- Merit Medical Systems, Inc
- Argon Medical Devices, Inc