The warfarin sensitivity test market is expected to register a healthy CAGR during the forecast period. The major contributing factors responsible for driving the market growth are the increasing burden of blood-related disorders and technological advancements in the field.
- Thrombosis refers to the condition wherein a clot is formed in a blood vessel. According to the International Society of Thrombosis and Haemostasis, around one out of four people die due to thrombosis globally each year.
- Furthermore, according to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, in 2020, between 60,000 to 100,000 people died due to thrombosis in the United States, and approximately 5 % to 8 % of the population has a genetic defect.
- The treatment for these disorders involves warfarin drug, and hence, the warfarin sensitivity test market is expected to witness high growth over the forecast period.
Key Market Trends
Genetic Testing Segment is Expected to Hold a Major Market Share in the Warfarin Sensitivity Test Market
- Warfarin is the most widely used anticoagulant for the treatment of thrombosis. However, the sensitivity toward it can cause serious complications, such as heart stroke, peptic diseases, and uncontrolled blood pressure, among others. The sensitivity depends upon the number of copies of the altered gene in the cell. According to the study published by BMC Medicine, in 2019, the accurate dose of warfarin was determined in the patients with the help of a point-of-care genotyping information approach.
- In addition, according to the data published by the International Society on Thrombosis and Haemostasis Inc., every year, the United States experiences an approximate number of 100,000 to 300,000 deaths related to venous thromboembolism, while in Europe, it has been observed to be at approximately 554,000 deaths.
- Furthermore, according to the National Institute of Health, approximately 2 million people have been prescribed warfarin annually, and around 35,000 to 45,000 people visit the hospital for adverse events due to warfarin. Therefore, the aforementioned factors are expected to fuel the market growth in this segment.
North America is Expected to Hold a Significant Share in the Market and Expected to do Same in the Forecast Period
North America is expected to hold a major market share in the global warfarin sensitivity test market due to the rise in the aging population and the associated bleeding disorders. The geriatric population is at a higher risk of warfarin sensitivity. The elder population has decreased metabolic activities, which alter the pharmacokinetics of the drug, and hence, higher sensitivity is observed in the geriatric population. According to the data published by the US Census Bureau, in 2018, there were around 52 million people living at the age of 65 and above. Furthermore, according to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, at least 900,000 people are likely to suffer from venous thromboembolism. Hence, these factors are expected to propel the warfarin sensitivity test market growth.
The companies have been constantly focused on developing new products related to warfarin sensitivity test, in order to grow their presence in the market. For instance, in 2019, Eurolyser DIagnostica Gmbh added bidirectional connectivity to the “CUBE” series to enhance the data management software. Some of the companies, which are currently dominating the market, are AutoGenomics, Abbott, Eurolyser Diagnostica GmbH, TrimGen Corporation, Generi Biotech, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, Acon Laboratories Inc., and Coagu Sense Inc.
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
This product will be delivered within 2 business days.
1.2 Scope of the Study
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Growing Burden of Blood-related Disorders
4.2.2 Rising Geriatric Population
4.3 Market Restraints
4.3.1 Stringent Regulatory Framework
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.4.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5.2 By Test Type
5.3.1 North America
22.214.171.124 United States
126.96.36.199 United Kingdom
188.8.131.52 Rest of Europe
184.108.40.206 South Korea
220.127.116.11 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.4 Middle East & Africa
18.104.22.168 South Africa
22.214.171.124 Rest of Middle East & Africa
5.3.5 South America
126.96.36.199 Rest of South America
6.1.1 Abbott Laboratories
6.1.2 Acon Laboratories Inc.
6.1.4 Coagu Sense Inc.
6.1.5 Eurolyser Diagnostica GmbH
6.1.6 F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd
6.1.7 Generi Biotech
6.1.8 TrimGen Corporation
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Abbott Laboratories
- Acon Laboratories Inc.
- Coagu Sense Inc.
- Eurolyser Diagnostica GmbH
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd
- Generi Biotech
- TrimGen Corporation