The Spanish ceramic tiles market is expected to witness strong growth during the forecast period. Some of the major factors fueling this demand include increasing construction activity, rising demand for residential and commercial infrastructure, and increasing urbanization.
- Ceramic tiles are widely used in residential and commercial buildings, owing to their durability and crack resistance nature. The protective coatings on ceramic tiles offer properties, such as high-water resistance and stain protection.
- Spain is one of the top ceramic tile producers in Europe. The country also exports ceramic tiles to countries, such as France, the United States, the United Kingdom, Saudi Arabia, Italy, and Israel.
- Product innovations, such as laser ablation technology that has emerged as a valid process for obtaining profiles or embossings on ceramic tiles, are increasing in the market.
Key Market Trends
Increasing Production of Ceramic Tiles in Spain
Spain is one of the leading ceramic tiles producers in Europe. Nearly 90% of the Spanish ceramic tiles are produced in the Castellón cluster, which comprises nearly 81% of Spanish ceramic companies, with the majority of these being SMEs. In order to meet its domestic requirements and also due to the increasing global export requirements, the production of ceramic tiles in Spain is increasing significantly.
Due to the intensifying competition and rising demand for ceramic tiles, the producers are focusing on new functional properties of ceramics tiles, such as decoration, mechanical features, health and hygiene, air cleaning, visual and smart signaling, heating, and energy-saving features.
Rising Exports of Spanish Ceramic Tiles
The Spanish ceramic tiles industry is one of the largest European exporters of tiles in volume and the second largest in the world. The country's tile industry’s exports have grown significantly in the past few years, with the main export destinations being France, the United States, and the United Kingdom.
Exports account for nearly 80% of the total industry revenue in Spain. The country experienced nearly 1.4% growth in ceramic tiles in 2018 from 2017, which strengthened its position as the world’s second-largest ceramic tiles exporter.
The Spanish ceramic tiles market is highly competitive and fragmented. Some of the major players in the market are Pamesa, STN Group, Group Halcon, and Aztec. Spanish companies are also making significant investments in new technologies, with the dual aim of producing innovative materials and improving efficiency in the process and production cost management.
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
This product will be delivered within 2 business days.
Table of Contents
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Scope of the Study
4.2 Insights into Trends Shaping the Industry
4.3 Market Overview
4.7 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.8 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
5.1.3 Scratch Free
5.1.4 Other Products
5.2 By Application
5.2.1 Floor Tiles
5.2.2 Wall Tiles
5.2.3 Other Applications
5.3 By Construction Type
5.3.1 New Construction
5.3.2 Replacement and Renovation
5.4 By End User
6.2 Company Profiles
6.2.2 STN Ceramica
6.2.3 Group Halcon
6.2.5 Alcor Tiles
6.2.6 ALCORENSE TILE
6.2.7 APAVISA PORCELANICO
6.2.8 CERAMICA DA VINCI SL
6.2.9 CERAMICA MAYOR SA
6.2.10 CERAMICAS VILAR ALBARO SL
6.2.11 CERAMICAS CALAF SA
6.2.12 CERAMICAS BELCAIRE SA (ROCA Group)
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- STN Ceramica
- Group Halcon
- Alcor Tiles
- ALCORENSE TILE
- APAVISA PORCELANICO
- CERAMICA DA VINCI SL
- CERAMICA MAYOR SA
- CERAMICAS VILAR ALBARO SL
- CERAMICAS CALAF SA
- CERAMICAS BELCAIRE SA (ROCA Group)