This PESTLE country analysis report on Portugal provides a holistic view of the country, with insightful analysis of current and future issues, supplemented with relevant quantitative data to support trend analysis.
- Understand the political system in Portugal through analysis of key figures in the country and governance indicators.
- Understand the economic situation in Portugal through a balanced assessment of core macroeconomic issues.
- Understand customer demographics in Portugal through analysis of income distribution and the rural-urban split, as well as healthcare and education.
- Understand the technological landscape in Portugal through analysis of relevant laws and policies, as well as patents data.
- Understand the legal landscape in Portugal through analysis of the judicial system as well as performance of the legal indicators
- Understand the environmental landscape in Portugal through analysis of the environmental regulations and the performance of the environmental indicators
- The political landscape section discusses the evolution of the political scenario in Portugal, as well as the country's economic, social, foreign, and defense policies. The section also discusses the country's performance according to World Bank Governance Indicators.
- The economic landscape section outlines the evolution of Portugal 's economy, as well as the country's performance in terms of GDP growth, composition by sector (agriculture, industry, and services), fiscal situation, international investment position, monetary situation, credit disbursement, banking sector, and employment."
- The social landscape section analyzes the government's social welfare policies, as well as the country's performance in terms of healthcare, income distribution, and education.
Reasons to Buy
- What is the outlook in Portugal in terms of political stability, policies towards business, and the popularity of the government?
- How does Portugal perform in terms of GDP growth, its fiscal situation, international investment position, monetary situation, and employment?
- How does Portugal perform in terms of healthcare, income distribution, and education?
- How does Portugal perform in terms of technology-intensive sectors like IT, life sciences, and R&D expenditure trends?
1.2.1. Key findings
1.2.2. Key fundamentals
2. KEY FACTS AND GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION
3. GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION
4. PESTLE ANALYSIS
4.2. Political analysis
4.3. Economic analysis
4.4. Social analysis
4.5. Technological analysis
4.6. Legal analysis
4.7. Environmental analysis
5. POLITICAL LANDSCAPE
5.3. Structure and policies
6. ECONOMIC LANDSCAPE
6.3. Structure and policies
6.8. Structure and policies
7. TECHNOLOGICAL LANDSCAPE
7.3. Structure and policies
8. LEGAL LANDSCAPE
8.3. Structure and policies
9. ENVIRONMENTAL LANDSCAPE
9.3. Structure and policies
10.1. ISO codes of selected countries
10.2. Ask the analyst
List of Tables
Table 1: Portugal - Key Fundamentals, 2017-2024f
Table 2: Portugal - Key Facts, 2020
Table 3: Analysis of Portugal's Political Landscape
Table 4: Analysis of Portugal's Economy
Table 5: Analysis of Portugal's Social System
Table 6: Analysis of Portugal's Technology Landscape
Table 7: Analysis of Portugal's Legal Landscape
Table 8: Analysis of Portugal's Environmental Landscape
Table 9: Mid-year Population as a Percentage of the Total Population, 2019e
Table 10: Patents Granted by the US Patent and Trademark Office, 2014-2019e
List of Figures
Figure 1: Map of Portugal
Figure 2: Inbound Tourism (Millions), 2014-2018
Figure 3: Youth Unemployment (% of Total Labor Force, Ages 15-24), 2019
Figure 4: Quarterly FDI inflows (US$Bn, 2016-2019) and Number of Greenfield investment in Portugal, 2016-2018
Figure 5: Composite Leading Indicator, January 2017 - December 2019
Figure 6: General Gross Government Debt as a Percent of GDP, 2019e
Figure 7: Gini Coefficient, Income Inequality, 2017
Figure 8: Old Age Dependency Ratio, 2018
Figure 9: Total domestic spending on R&D as % of GDP , 2018
Figure 10: Implied tax subsidy rates on R&D expenditures, 2019
Figure 11: High Technology Exports as % of Manufactured Exports, 2018
Figure 12: Product Market Regulations Indicator ranging from 0 (low regulations) to 6 (highly regulated), 2018
Figure 13: Renewable Energy’s Share of Gross Final Energy Consumption, 2018
Figure 14: Air Pollution in Portugal, 2008-2017
Figure 15: Total Number of Threatened Species, March 2019
Figure 16: Portugal - Political Events Timeline
Figure 17: Portugal - Key Political Figures
Figure 18: Portugal - Composition of the National Council after the October 2019 Elections
Figure 19: Portugal - Historical Real GDP Growth, 2009-2019e
Figure 20: GDP and GDP Growth Rate in Portugal (US$/%), 2014-2024f
Figure 21: GDP Composition by Sector in Portugal, 2019e
Figure 22: Agricultural Output in Portugal (EURbn/%), 2014-2019e
Figure 23: Industrial Output in Portugal (EUR Billion/%), 2014-2019e
Figure 24: Services Output in Portugal (EUR Billion/%), 2014-2019e
Figure 25: General Government Gross Debt, 2014-2019
Figure 26: External Trade of Portugal (US$ Bn/%), 2015-2019e
Figure 27: Consumer Price Index and CPI-based Inflation in Portugal, 2014-2024f
Figure 28: Unemployment in Portugal (Thousands/%), 2014-2024f
Figure 29: Major Religions in Portugal, 2011
Figure 30: Expenditure on Healthcare in Portugal (US$ Billion/%), 2012-2018
Figure 31: Public Expenditure on Education in Portugal (US$ Bn/%), 2010-2016
Figure 32: Number of Internet Users in Portugal (Millions/%), 2014-2019e
Figure 33: R&D Expenditure in Portugal (US$bn/% of GDP), 2002-2018
Figure 34: Carbon Dioxide Emissions in Portugal (Million Tons/%), 2010-2017