Drug Repurposing in Cancer Therapy: Approaches and Applications provides comprehensive and updated information from experts in basic science research and clinical practice on how existing drugs can be repurposed for cancer treatment. The book summarizes successful stories that may assist researchers in the field to better design their studies for new repurposing projects. Sections discuss specific topics such as in silico prediction and high throughput screening of repurposed drugs, drug repurposing for overcoming chemoresistance and eradicating cancer stem cells, and clinical investigation on combination of repurposed drug and anticancer therapy.
Cancer researchers, oncologists, pharmacologists and several members of biomedical field who are interested in learning more about the use of existing drugs for different purposes in cancer therapy will find this to be a valuable resource.
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
Table of Contents1. Drug repurposing for cancer therapydan introduction
2. A ligand-centric approach to identify potential drugs for repurposing: case study with aurora kinase inhibitors
3. Machine learning strategies for identifying repurposed drugs for cancer therapy
4. Unveiling potential anticancer drugs through in silico drug repurposing approaches
5. Increasing opportunities of drug repurposing for treating breast cancer by the integration of molecular, histological, and systemic approaches
6. The success story of drug repurposing in breast cancer
7. A personalized medicine approach to drug repurposing for the treatment of breast cancer molecular subtypes
8. Successful stories of drug repurposing for cancer therapy in hepatocellular carcinoma
9. Stories of drug repurposing for pancreatic cancer treatmentdPast, present, and future
10. Animal models and in vivo investigations for drug repurposing in lung cancer
11. Identification of chemosensitizers by drug repurposing to enhance the efficacy of cancer therapy
12. Drugs repurposed to potentiate immunotherapy for cancer treatment
13. Nanoparticle-based formulation for drug repurposing in cancer treatment
14. Nanotechnological approaches in cancer: the role of celecoxib and disulfiram
15. Clinical trials on combination of repurposed drugs and anticancer therapies