Fluorinated coatings are used in wire and cable insulation for consumer appliances; high reliability hoses in aircraft and cars to reduce emissions; and sterile equipment used in the manufacture of pharmaceuticals, food products, and chemicals. Fluorinated coatings and additives provide enhanced surface properties, such as water, oil and stain resistance, for medical garments, food packaging, apparel, and carpeting. The EMEA Fluorinated coatings and additives market is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 4.4% during the forecast period 2020–2025. Africa is forecast to have the highest CAGR of 6.4%.
EMEA Fluorinated Coatings and Additives Market Outlook
Fluorinated Coatings and Additives have a wide range applications in architectural, transportation, food processing, mining, oil & gas, petrochemicals, and various other sectors. In the EMEA region, fluorinated additives are majorly utilized in the manufacture of automotive and household appliances. The construction material segment is estimated to hold a 28% share in the EMEA fluorinated additives market.
EMEA Fluorinated Coatings and Additives Market Growth Drivers
- Increased adoption of fluorinated coatings and additives in the automobile industry is expected to drive the EMEA fluorinated coatings and additives market.
- Factors such as ease-of-application, higher utilization rates, and other processing and performance benefits are forecast to increase the demand for fluorinated coatings and additives.
- Increase in construction activities in the Middle East is expected to surge the demand for fluorinated coatings and additives.
EMEA Fluorinated Coatings and Additives Market Challenges
Factors such as, stringent environmental regulations with regard to VOC emissions as well as waste disposal, are negatively affecting the market growth.
EMEA Fluorinated Coatings and Additives Market Research Scope
The base year of the study is 2020, with forecast done up to 2025. The study presents a thorough analysis of the competitive landscape, taking into account the market shares of the leading companies. It also provides information on unit shipments. These provide the key market participants with the necessary business intelligence and help them understand the future of the EMEA Fluorinated coatings and additives market. The assessment includes the forecast, an overview of the competitive structure, the market shares of the competitors, as well as the market trends, market demands, market drivers, market challenges, and product analysis. The market drivers and restraints have been assessed to fathom their impact over the forecast period. This report further identifies the key opportunities for growth while also detailing the key challenges and possible threats. The key areas of focus include the types of EMEA Fluorinated coatings and additives, and their specific applications in different end user industries.
EMEA Fluorinated Coatings and Additives Report: Industry Coverage
- EMEA Fluorinated Coatings and Additives Market – By Fluorinated Coating Resin Type: PVDF, FEVE, Fluorinated Polyurethane, PTFE, PFA, ETFE, and Others
- EMEA Fluorinated Coatings and additives Market – By Fluorinated Coating End User Industry: Architectural, Transportation, Food Processing, Mining, Oil and Gas, Petrochemical, and Others
- EMEA Fluorinated Coatings and Additives Market – By Fluorinated Coating Substrate Material: Metals, Plastics, Stone and Concrete, and Others
- EMEA Fluorinated Coatings and Additives Market – By Fluorinated Additive Application: Wetting Agent, Anti-friction, Adhesive, Surface Barrier, and Others
- EMEA Fluorinated Additives Market – By Fuorinated Additive End User: Automotive, Construction materials, Lighting, Print Products, Aerospace, Medical, Textiles, Packaging, Household appliances, and Others
The EMEA Fluorinated Coatings and Additives market report also analyzes the regions for the market as well as the major countries for the market in these regions.
The regions and countries covered in the study include:
- Europe: The U.K., Germany, Italy, France, Rest of Europe
- Middle East: UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Rest of the Middle East
- Africa: Nigeria, Egypt, South Africa, Rest of Africa.
EMEA Fluorinated Coatings and Additives Market Key Players Perspective
Some of the major companies in the industry include Arkema SA, DowDupont, Inc. AkzoNobel N.V., and Sherwin Williams Corporation.
EMEA Fluorinated Coatings and Additives Market Trends
In the food industry, PTFE coatings are highly preferred as they have the highest operating temperature of any fluoropolymer and have extremely low coefficient of friction, fair abrasion resistance and good chemical resistance.
Table of Contents
3.2. Comparative analysis
3.2.1. Product Benchmarking
3.2.2. End user profiling
3.2.3. Patent Analysis
3.2.4. Top 5 Financials Analysis
4.2. Market constraints
4.3. Market challenges
4.4. Porters five force model
4.4.1. Bargaining power of suppliers
4.4.2. Bargaining powers of customers
4.4.3. Threat of new entrants
4.4.4. Rivalry among existing players
4.4.5. Threat of substitutes
5.2. Pricing analysis
5.3. Opportunities analysis
5.4. Product life cycle
5.5. Suppliers and distributors
6.2. Polyvinylidene fluoride (PVDF)
6.3. Fluoroethylene vinyl ether (FEVE)
6.4. Fluorinated Polyurethane
6.5. Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE)
6.6. Perfluoroalkyl vinylether (PFA)
6.7. Etrafluoroethylene and ethylene (ETFE)
7.4. Food processing Industry
7.6. Oil and Gas
7.6.1. Oil Rig Maintenance
7.7.1. Storage and Distribution
7.7.2. Water Storage
7.8. Other Manufacturing Industries
8.3.2. Polyethylene Terephthalate
8.3.4. Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene
8.4. Stone and concrete
9.2. Wetting agent
9.5. Surface barrier
10.3. Construction materials
10.5. Print Products
10.10. Household appliances
11.1.4. Rest of North America
11.2. South America
11.2.7. Costa Rica
11.2.8. Rest of South America
11.3.9. Rest of Europe
11.4.3. South Korea
11.4.7. Hong Kong
11.4.8. Rest of APAC
11.5. Middle East & Africa
11.5.2. Saudi Arabia
11.5.3. South Africa
11.5.5. Rest of Middle East & Africa
12.2. M&As, collaborations, JVs and partnerships
13.2. PPG Industries, Inc.
13.3. Kansai Paint Co.,Ltd.
13.4. Daikin Industries Ltd.
13.5. Axalta Coating Systems, LLC
13.6. AkzoNoble N.V.
13.7. Sherwin Williams
13.8. Dow DuPont
13.9. Nippon Paint Holdings Co., Ltd.
13.10. BASF SE