The volume generated by the European printed circuit board market was 4.933 million units in 2020 and is estimated to reach 6,152 million units by 2025, growing at a CAGR of 2.6% during the forecast period 2020–2025. Germany is the largest market for printed circuit board in Europe, holding a share of 22% in 2020. The country’s printed circuit board market is further estimated to grow at a CAGR of 3.6% during the forecast period. Advancements in internet of things and increased adoption of smart devices are driving the market growth.
European Printed Circuit Board Market Outlook
A printed circuit board (PCB) is a plastic board made of a non-conductive material, such as plastic or fiber-glass, that has copper lines and pads connected to each other. These copper lines allow electrical charge to flow through the different components such as transistors, capacitors, and resistors that are located systematically on the PCB. These successfully fulfil the need for an electronic device that could fit components within the smallest amount of space possible. PCBs are used in monitors, control systems, internal devices, and scientific instruments in Medical applications. In consumer electronics, PCBs are used in mobile devices, computer electronics, recording devices, entertainment systems, and home appliances. In aerospace, they are used in navigation devices, monitoring equipment, testing equipment, and so on.
European Printed Circuit Board Market Growth Drivers
Wearable electronics, flexible displays and medical applications, and flexible technology are pushing the industry increasingly towards flexible and flex-rigid PCBs. Flexible PCB technology is already outpacing rigid PCB in terms of sales growth. Miniature PCBs enable the creation of mini portable solar panels for consumer applications that include personal device charging, water heating, and Wi-Fi extension, which is driving the market growth.
European Printed Circuit Board Market Challenges
Most of the PCB waste generated cannot be recycled and this poses a major challenge for the market as there are various hazardous waste disposal regulations imposed by various regulatory bodies in Europe. Increased cost of disposing PCB due to changing regulations regarding e-waste also hinders the market growth.
European Printed Circuit Board Market Research Scope
The base year of the study is 2020, with forecast done up to 2025. The study presents a thorough analysis of the competitive landscape, taking into account the market shares of the leading companies. It also provides information on unit shipments. These provide the key market participants with the necessary business intelligence and help them understand the future of the European Printed Circuit Board market. The assessment includes the forecast, an overview of the competitive structure, the market shares of the competitors, as well as the market trends, market demands, market drivers, market challenges, and product analysis. The market drivers and restraints have been assessed to fathom their impact over the forecast period. This report further identifies the key opportunities for growth while also detailing the key challenges and possible threats. The key areas of focus include the types of Printed Circuit Boards in Europe, and their specific applications in different types of industry verticals.
European Printed Circuit Board Market Report: Industry Coverage
- Types of European Printed Circuit Board: Single-sided board, Double-sided board, flexible board, Multi-layered board.
- Board Type of European Printed Circuit Board: Rigid 1-2 sided, Standard multi-layered, IC substrate, Flexible circuit, Rigid flex, HDI/Microvia
- Usage of European Printed Circuit Board: Automotive, Consumer electronics, Aerospace & defense, Industrial electronics, Network & communications, others.
The European Printed Circuit Board market report also analyzes the major geographic regions for the market as well as the major countries for the market in these regions. The regions and countries covered in the study include the U.K., Germany, Italy, France, The Netherlands, Belgium, Spain, and Denmark.
European Printed Circuit Board Market Key Players Perspective
AT & S has the major market share of 4.1% in the European printed circuit board market. Some of the other companies referred to in the market research report include Unimicron, Nippon Mektron, KBC PCB, Fujikura, Chin Poon Industrial, Tripod Technology, ZD Tech, and TTM Technologies.
European Printed Circuit Board Market Trends
- The PCB industry is pushing the trend towards flexible PCBs as these can handle more stress compared to rigid PCBs. Also, these are thin and can be folded to fit into 3D spaces. The increased adoption of flexible PCBs in different devices that include wearable devices, led lighting, medical instrumentation, and flexible displays is driving the market growth.
- The Internet of Things (IoT) is providing new opportunities to the consumer electronics manufacturers. The amount of systems connected over the Internet has expanded over the past decade. Wearable devices, such as smart watches, have witnessed tremendous growth. Wearable Devices incorporate flexible sensors and chips. This requires breakthrough designing and manufacturing technology, which would have a great impact on the PCB market.
- PCB Design tools in the past had isolated functional modules for Schematic Capture, PCB Layout, Signal Analysis, Thermal Analysis and Computer Aided Manufacturing. But, today, all these functionalities have been merged onto a single platform as system-based design has become evident.
Table of Contents
2.2. Key Trends by type of Application
2.3. Key Trends segmented by Geography
3.1.1. Product Benchmarking - Top 10 companies
3.1.2. Top 5 Financials Analysis
3.1.3. Market Value split by Top 10 companies
3.1.4. Patent Analysis - Top 10 companies
3.1.5. Pricing Analysis
4.4. Porters five force model
4.4.1. Bargaining power of suppliers
4.4.2. Bargaining powers of customers
4.4.3. Threat of new entrants
4.4.4. Rivalry among existing players
4.4.5. Threat of substitutes
5.2. Opportunities analysis
5.3. Product life cycle
5.4. Suppliers and distributors Market Share
6.2. Application Revenue and Trend Research
6.3. Product Segment Analysis
6.3.1. Single-sided circuit board
6.3.2. Double-sided circuit board
6.3.3. Multilayer circuit board
6.3.4. Flexible board
7.2. Standard multilayer
7.3. IC substrate
7.4. Flexible circuits
7.5. Rigid flex
9.2. Skill screen printing
9.3. PCB milling
10.2. Aerospace & defense
10.4. Consumer electronics
10.5. Industrial electronics
10.6. Computing, storage, peripherals
10.7. Network & communications
11.2. Europe Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
11.2.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
11.2.2. Revenue and Trends
11.2.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
11.2.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
11.2.5. Europe Segment Product type and Application Market Size
22.214.171.124. Rest of Europe
12.2 M&A s, collaborations, JVs and partnerships
13.3. Nippon Mektron
13.4. KBC PCB
13.6. Chin Poon Industrial
13.7. Tripod Technology
13.8. ZD Tech
13.9. TTM Technologies
13.12. Company 11 & More
15.1.1 Company Expert Interviews
15.1.2 Industry Databases
15.1.4 Company News
15.1.5 Company Annual Reports
15.1.6 Application Trends
15.1.7 New Products and Product database
15.1.8 Company Transcripts
15.1.9 R&D Trends
15.1.10 Key Opinion Leaders Interviews
15.1.11 Supply and Demand Trends