What are Silicone Adhesives?
An adhesive is a material used for holding two surfaces together. Adhesives should lubricate as well as cause adhesion between surfaces by developing bonds after application and remain stable without reacting to the substrates or emissions. The raw materials for adhesives are mainly polymeric materials which are both naturally occurring and synthetic. Silicones have special properties as compared to other adhesives based on organic polymers, because silicones have a different chemical backbone. They remain highly elastic at low temperatures and also have very good temperature stability.
Single component systems are those that cure simply by the moisture in the air, whereas two component systems require components that are only mixed together to form the adhesive a short time before application with cure occurring at room temperature. Single component silicone adhesives have many enhanced properties such as flexibility, high heat resistance, and many more, making them suitable for wide range of applications in the electrical, electronics, automotive, aerospace and construction industries.
This report incorporates an in-depth assessment of Silicone Adhesives market by type, end use industries and geography. The major types of adhesives encompassed in the scope include Single Component, Two Component and others.
What are the major applications for Silicone Adhesives?
These adhesives are utilized as a part of commercial and home construction, silicone glue is used as a sealant or adhesive on materials that will be exposed to extraordinary climate conditions, including direct sunlight, rain, strong wind, or solidifying temperatures. Silicone adhesives are used in the manufacturing of a wide assortment of products, from vehicles to machines. Its capacity to withstand outrageous temperatures makes it a perfect holding specialist or sealant for assembling strong products. Apart from automobiles, silicone glue is used in the manufacturing of electronic devices and appliances, where it is used as a sealant and a bonding agent. It is commonly used to seal cables and sensors in appliances and electronic devices.
Market Research and Market Trends of Silicone Adhesives Ecosystem
- Rising demand for high performance materials such as silicone adhesives that can help to prevent component failures, reduce costly warranty repairs and improve customer satisfaction in the automotive sector.
- Government initiatives in the form of grants and & funds and technological advancements in medical procedures owing to which new and innovative products are being launched are the other major driving factors for the market.
- Stringent regulations imposed on the shipping of such adhesives as they can be hazardous, toxic, or flammable.
- In a vast number of industries, including automotive, electronics, and mechanical engineering, bonding has become more important due to light-weight construction, miniaturization, and multi-material design. Silicone Adhesives are also increasingly being used as sealants to protect components from environmental influences.
- Growing demand for silicone adhesives in medical devices and surgeries due to the demand for providing patients with better treatment in a safer environment.
Who are the Major Players in Silicone Adhesives market?
The companies referred to in the market research report include Dow Corning (USA), Wacker Chemie (Germany), Shin-Etsu (Japan), The 3M Company (USA), Henkel AG (Germany) and Avery Dennison (USA).
What is our report scope?
The report gives in-depth analysis of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics and its impact during the forecast period 2020-2025.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), volume (units) and value ($m). Country level data is provided based on – product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitors’ performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and increase efficiency of your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&As, deals, partnerships, and product launches of all key players in the past four years.
-Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than 20 top countries, for the market.
Table of Contents
3.2. Comparative Analysis
3.2.1. Product Benchmarking
3.2.2. End User profiling
3.2.3. Patent Analysis
3.2.4. Top 5 Financials Analysis
4.2. Market Constraints
4.3. Market Challenges
4.4. Attractiveness of the Industry
4.4.1. Power of Suppliers
4.4.2. Power of Customers
4.4.3. Threat of New entrants
4.4.4. Threat of Substitution
4.4.5. Degree of Competition
5.2. Pricing Analysis
5.3. Opportunities Analysis
5.4. Product/Market Life Cycle Analysis
5.5. Suppliers and Distributors
6.2. Single Component Silicone Adhesives
6.3. Two Component Silicone Adhesives
6.4. Others (UV Cured)
7.2. Building and Construction Industry
7.5. Healthcare Industry
7.6. Others (Packaging, Aerospace)
8.1.5. Rest of Americas
8.2.2. United Kingdom
8.2.7. Rest of Europe
8.3.4. South Korea
8.3.6. Rest of Asia-Pacific
8.4. Rest of the World
8.4.1. Middle East
9.2. M&As, Collaborations, JVs, Partnership
10.3. Research Methodology
10.5. Compilation of Expert Insights