The Indian Education Industry was estimated at USD91.7 billion in 2018. The Indian Higher Education Market is expected to grow at a steady CAGR during the forecast period. The growing demand from the population and increasing FDI in the education sector are the key factors driving the Indian Higher Education Market. Additionally, supportive government policies such as the National Accreditation Regulatory Authority Bill for Higher Education, Unnat Bharat Abhiyan, among others are further expected to drive the market during forecast period.
The Indian Higher Education Market is segmented based on type, affiliation, courses offered, mode of education, gender and region. Based on mode of education, the market can be categorized into regular, part-time, distance and others. The regular mode of education dominates the higher education market in India since the regular college degrees have their own recognition and are accepted worldwide. Additionally, students can opt for many different types of courses which are generally not available in any kind of correspondence or distance or online courses.
Years considered for this report:
- Historical Years: 2015-2018
- Base Year: 2019
- Estimated Year: 2020
- Forecast Period: 2021–2025
Objective of the Study:
- To analyze and forecast the market size of the Indian Higher Education Market.
- To classify and forecast the Indian Higher Education Market based on type, affiliation, courses offered, mode of education, gender and regional distribution.
- To identify drivers and challenges for the Indian Higher Education Market.
The author performed both primary as well as exhaustive secondary research for this study. Initially, researchers sourced a list of renowned government/public universities and private colleges in India. Subsequently, researchers conducted primary research surveys with the identified companies. While interviewing, the respondents were also enquired about their competitors. Through this technique, researchers could include the other stakeholders which could not be identified due to the limitations of secondary research. The author analyzed the number of universities, segmentation by type of universities, and regional presence of all major universities across the country.
The author calculated the market size of the Indian Higher Education Market by using a bottom-up approach, wherein number of colleges and their volume share data for type were recorded and forecast for the future years. They sourced these volumes from the industry experts and externally validated through analyzing historical data of respective ministries and associations to arrive at the overall market size. Various secondary sources such as secondary source directories, databases such as Ministry of Human Resource Development, Ministry of Statistics & Programme Implementation, World Bank, industry magazines, government databases, news dailies, credible paid databases, proprietary database, white papers and investor presentations were also studied.
Key Target Audience:
- Colleges, Universities, Deemed Universities and other stakeholders
- Government bodies such as regulating authorities and policy makers
- Organizations, forums and alliances related to higher education
- Market research and consulting firms
The study is useful in providing answers to several critical questions that are important for the industry stakeholders such as colleges, universities, deemed universities, etc., besides allowing them in strategizing investments and capitalizing on the market opportunities.
In this report, the Indian Higher Education Market has been segmented into following categories, in addition to the industry trends which have also been detailed below:
Market, By Type:
- Central Universities
- State Universities
- State Private Universities
- Autonomous Colleges
- Institutes of National Importance
Market, By Affiliation:
- University/University Level Institutions
- Colleges/Institutions - affiliated/recognized with University
- Standalone Institutions - not affiliated/recognized with University
Market, By Courses Offered:
Market, By Mode of Education:
Market, By Gender:
- Company Profiles: Detailed analysis of the major companies present in the Indian Higher Education Market.
With the given market data, researchers offers customizations according to a company’s specific needs.
5.1.1. By Volume
5.2. Market Share & Forecast
5.2.1. By Type (Deemed-To-Be-Universities, Central Universities, State Universities, State Private Universities, Autonomous Colleges, Institutes of National Importance, Others)
5.2.2. By Affiliation (University/University Level Institutions, Colleges/Institutions - affiliated/recognized with University, Standalone Institutions - not affiliated/recognized with University, Others)
5.2.3. By Courses Offered (Graduate, Post-Graduate, Diploma, Certifications, PhD, Others)
5.2.4. By Mode of Education (Regular, Part-Time, Distance, Others)
5.2.5. By Gender (Male, Female)
5.2.6. By Region (East; West; North; South)
5.2.7. By Company (2018)
5.3. Product Market Map
6.1.1. By Volume
6.2. Market Share & Forecast
6.2.1. By Type
6.2.2. By Courses Offered
6.2.3. By Mode of Education
7.1.1. By Volume
7.2. Market Share & Forecast
7.2.1. By Type
7.2.2. By Courses Offered
7.2.3. By Mode of Education
8.1.1. By Volume
8.2. Market Share & Forecast
8.2.1. By Type
8.2.2. By Courses Offered
8.2.3. By Mode of Education
9.1.1. By Volume
9.2. Market Share & Forecast
9.2.1. By Type
9.2.2. By Courses Offered
9.2.3. By Mode of Education
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs)
- National Institutes of Technology (NITs)
- Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs)
- School of Planning and Architecture
- National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER)
- Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISERs)
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS)
- National Law Universities (NLUs)