According to a recent data, about 2.5-5% of Indian suffers from respiratory ailments such as asthma and there is the presence of other respiratory diseases such as chronic bronchitis, emphysema, and COPD in the country. Additionally, rapid urbanization is leading to pollution and some of the cities in India are even counted as world’s most polluted ones. Hence, there is a growing need for respiratory monitoring devices in the country. But lately, awareness about these diseases and healthcare facilities has increased. There is also a rise in the geriatric population, which is vulnerable to such respiratory ailments. All these factors are anticipated to drive the growth of the respiratory monitoring market in India.
The Indian Respiratory Monitoring Market is segmented based on diagnostic and monitoring devices, type, end-user and region. Based on diagnostic and monitoring devices, the Indian Respiratory Monitoring Market is segmented into spirometers, sleep test devices, peak flow meters, pulse oximeters, capnographs and others. In India, the spirometers segment is expected to dominate the market during the forecast years. Spirometers are helpful in diagnosing respiratory diseases, such as asthma, emphysema, bronchitis, and COPD. They can also be used to assess the shortness of breath, lung function before surgery, and the effect of medication. Based on type, the market is segmented into therapeutic and disposables. The therapeutic segment is further segmented into CPAP devices, BiPAP devices, humidifiers, nebulizers, oxygen concentrators, ventilators, inhalers and others. The disposable segment is further divided into masks, breathing circuits and others. Among these two segments, the disposable segment witnessed a sudden surge in the demand due to the recent outbreak of communicable diseases like novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and swine flu.
Major players operating in the Indian Respiratory Monitoring Market include Philips Healthcare, DeVilbiss Healthcare LLC, Resmed, Inc., GlaxoSmithKline PLC, Medtronic PLC, Fisher and Paykel Healthcare Co., Ltd., Getinge AB, Masimo Corporation, Air Liquide, Drägerwerk AG & Co. KGaA, Invacare Corporation, Chart Industries, Inc., Vyaire Medical, GE Healthcare, among others. The companies are focusing on merger and acquisitions as well as product innovation to map their strong presence in the Indian market.
Years considered for this report:
- Historical Years: 2015-2018
- Base Year: 2019
- Estimated Year: 2020
- Forecast Period: 2021–2025
Objective of the Study:
- To analyze and estimate the market size of the Indian Respiratory Monitoring Market from 2015 to 2018.
- To estimate and forecast the market size of the Indian Respiratory Monitoring Market from 2019 to 2025 and growth rate until 2025.
- To classify and forecast the Indian Respiratory Monitoring Market based on diagnostic and monitoring devices, type, end-user, company and regional distribution.
- To identify dominant region or segment in the Indian Respiratory Monitoring Market.
- To identify drivers and challenges for the Indian Respiratory Monitoring Market.
- To examine competitive developments such as expansions, new product launches, mergers & acquisitions, etc., in the Indian Respiratory Monitoring Market.
- To conduct pricing analysis for the Indian Respiratory Monitoring Market.
- To identify and analyze the profile of leading players operating in the Indian Respiratory Monitoring Market.
- To identify key sustainable strategies adopted by market players in the Indian Respiratory Monitoring Market.
The author performed both primary as well as exhaustive secondary research for this study. Initially, researchers sourced a list of respiratory monitoring devices manufacturers across the country. Subsequently, researchers conducted primary research surveys with the identified companies. While interviewing, the respondents were also enquired about their competitors. Through this technique, researchers could include the components used in respiratory monitoring which could not be identified due to the limitations of secondary research. The author analyzed the respiratory monitoring devices manufacturers, companies and presence of all major players across the country.
The author calculated the market size of the Indian Respiratory Monitoring Market by using a bottom-up approach, wherein data for various end-user segments was recorded and forecast for the future years. They sourced these values from the industry experts and company representatives and externally validated through analyzing historical data of these product types and applications for getting an appropriate, overall market size. Various secondary sources such as company websites, news articles, press releases, company annual reports, investor presentations and financial reports were also studied.
Key Target Audience:
- Respiratory monitoring devices manufacturers, suppliers, distributors and other stakeholders
- Government bodies such as regulating authorities and policy makers
- Organizations, forums and alliances related to respiratory monitoring
- Market research and consulting firms
The study is useful in providing answers to several critical questions that are important for the industry stakeholders such as respiratory monitoring devices manufacturers, companies and partners, end-users, etc., besides allowing them in strategizing investments and capitalizing on the market opportunities.
In this report, the Indian Respiratory Monitoring Market has been segmented into following categories, in addition to the industry trends which have also been detailed below:
- India Respiratory Monitoring Market, By Diagnostic and Monitoring Devices:
- Sleep Test Devices
- Peak Flow Meters
- Pulse Oximeters
- India Respiratory Monitoring Market, By Type:
- Therapeutic Devices
- CPAP Devices
- BiPAP Devices
- Oxygen Concentrators
- Breathing Circuits
- India Respiratory Monitoring Market, By End-User:
- Optical Wiring Home Care
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Specialty Clinics
- India Respiratory monitoring Market, By Region:
- North India
- South India
- East India
- West India
- Company Profiles: Detailed analysis of the major companies present in the Indian Respiratory Monitoring Market.
With the given market data, researchers offers customizations according to a company’s specific needs.
6.1.1. By Value
6.2. Market Share & Forecast
6.2.1. By Diagnostic and Monitoring Devices (Spirometers, Sleep Test Devices, Peak Flow Meters, Pulse Oximeters, Capnographs, Others)
6.2.2. By Type (Therapeutic Devices (CPAP Devices, BiPAP Devices, Humidifiers, Nebulizers, Oxygen Concentrators, Ventilators, Inhalers, Others) Disposables (Masks, Breathing Circuits, Others)
6.2.3. By End User (Home Care, Hospitals, Ambulatory Surgical Centers, Specialty Clinics)
6.2.4. By Region
6.2.5. By Company (2019)
6.3. Market Attractiveness Index
7.1.1. By Value
7.2. Market Share & Forecast
7.2.1. By Diagnostic and Monitoring Devices
7.2.2. By Type
7.2.3. By End User
8.1.1. By Value
8.2. Market Share & Forecast
8.2.1. By Diagnostic and Monitoring Devices
8.2.2. By Type
8.2.3. By End User
9.1.1. By Value
9.2. Market Share & Forecast
9.2.1. By Diagnostic and Monitoring Devices
9.2.2. By Type
9.2.3. By End User
10.1.1. By Value
10.2. Market Share & Forecast
10.2.1. By Diagnostic and Monitoring Devices
10.2.2. By Type
10.2.3. By End User
15.2. DeVilbiss Healthcare LLC
15.3. Resmed, Inc.
15.4. GlaxoSmithKline PLC
15.5. Medtronic PLC
15.6. Fisher and Paykel Healthcare Co., Ltd.
15.7. Getinge AB
15.8. Masimo Corporation
15.9. Air Liquide
15.10. Drägerwerk AG & Co. KGaA
15.11. Invacare Corporation
15.12. Chart Industries, Inc.
15.13. Vyaire Medical
15.14. GE Healthcare
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Philips Healthcare
- DeVilbiss Healthcare LLC
- Resmed, Inc.
- GlaxoSmithKline PLC
- Medtronic PLC
- Fisher and Paykel Healthcare Co., Ltd.
- Getinge AB
- Masimo Corporation
- Air Liquide
- Drägerwerk AG & Co. KGaA
- Invacare Corporation
- Chart Industries, Inc.
- Vyaire Medical
- GE Healthcare