The Asia Pacific automotive interiors market is anticipated to register a CAGR of about 7% during the forecast period (2020 - 2025).
- Automotive interiors of the vehicles consist of Infotainment system, instrument panel, body panels, etc. Automotive interior plays a very important role in vehicle’s performance, aesthetic appeal and salability.
- In order to meet the need for creating fuel-efficient and lightweight systems, manufacturers are coming up with a lightweight material to use in the automotive interiors, which is driving the automotive interior market. For example, manufacturers are now using lightweight materials such as high strength steel and thermoplastic to manufacture automotive parts such as reinforced glass and heat insulation systems.
- Due to rising customer expectations and fierce competition, a large number of car manufacturers are offering infotainment systems even in entry-level cars. This, in turn, may boost the infotainment market and as a result, the infotainment systems subcategory is expected to be the fastest growing.
- Currently, vehicles are equipped with advanced gadgets, such as an entertainment system, hands-free connectivity, and global position system (GPS), to enhance the driving experience.
Key Market Trends
Infotainment System Dominates the Automotive Interiors Market
The infotainment system is the largest segment in the automotive interiors market.
A basic infotainment system in a modern vehicle comes equipped with a CD player, a Bluetooth, USB port, lighter port, aux port, video panel, radio, GPS, multiple speakers, and control panels.
The use of infotainment systems in advanced automobiles, such as connected cars and autonomous vehicles, has been continually increasing. The market for infotainment systems may be further strengthened by investments being made by automobile manufacturers and tech companies. In April 2020, Mercedes announced the pricing of its latest AMG GLE SUV which is equipped with latest dual 12.3 inch screens MBUX infotainment system.
Additionally, automobile manufacturers are competing to deploy advanced infotainment system in their upcoming vehicle models during the forecast period. In 2018, Mitsubishi Motors Corporation, Nissan Motor Co. Ltd, Groupe Renault and Nissan Motors decided to adopt Google Inc.’s Android operating system (OS) for their next-generation infotainment systems from 2021.
China is Expected to Dominate the Market During Forecast Period
The automotive interiors market is led by China Asia-Pacific region, followed by India. Due to fall in Chinese automotive production from 27.8 million units in 2018 to 25.72 million units in 2019, the automotive interior market in China has somewhat become stagnant. The Coronavirus outbreak during the start of 2020 is leading to further decline of Asian automotive industry due to production halt by players such as Hyundai, Nissan, etc. However, this halt is expected to remain only for a brief duration of time and major players have started resorting to collaborative strategies. As the middle-class population is purchasing more vehicles, which is creating lucrative opportunities for players in the automotive interior industry.
In South Asia-Pacific, government initiatives, such as subsidies and tax concessions, across various countries are attracting the automotive OEMs to build their manufacturing plants in the region. China is one of the largest consumers of vehicles. The demand for premium interiors, comfort, and new and innovative features, like head-up displays and navigation system, along with the growing focus toward sufficing the safety standards, is driving the market in the region. Although, the demand for passenger cars have declined during 2018 and 2019, there is a subsequent growth in sales of commercial vehicles which is driving the market growth for automotive interiors market for trucks, off the road machinery, etc.
The Asia Pacific Automotive Interiors Market is a fragmented and competitive market, consisting of various small- and medium-sized companies and a few big players.
Some of the global players are focusing on expanding their Asia Pacific presence by acquiring or merging with the regional and country-level players. Major investments are being made by companies in the foreign markets to cater to increasing demand and expand their business. Expansion and investments are the most preferred growth strategies, followed by mergers and acquisitions.
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
This product will be delivered within 2 business days.
Table of Contents
1.2 Scope of the Study
4.2 Market Restraints
4.3 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.3.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5.1.1 Passenger Cars
5.1.2 Commercial Vehicles
5.2 Component Type
5.2.1 Infotainment System
5.2.2 Instrument Panels
5.2.3 Interior Lighting
5.2.4 Body Panels
5.2.5 Door Panels
5.3 By Country
5.3.4 South Korea
5.3.5 Rest of Asia-Pacific
6.2 Company Profiles
6.2.1 Panasonic Corporation
6.2.2 Continental AG
6.2.3 Hyundai Mobis Co. Limited
6.2.4 Toyota Boshoku Corporation
6.2.5 Calsonic Kansei Corporation
6.2.6 Tachi-S Company Ltd.
6.2.7 Delphi Automotive PLC
6.2.8 Lear Corporation
6.2.9 Magna International Inc
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Panasonic Corporation
- Continental AG
- Hyundai Mobis Co. Limited
- Toyota Boshoku Corporation
- Calsonic Kansei Corporation
- Tachi-S Company Ltd.
- Delphi Automotive PLC
- Lear Corporation
- Magna International Inc