The market for Aliphatic Hydrocarbon Solvents and Thinners is expected to grow at a CAGR of about 4% globally during the forecast period. Major factors driving the market Increasing application in paints & coatings as diluents and thinners and growing demand owing to their wide range of applications.Stringent environmental regulations coupled with other restraints are expected to hinder the growth of the market studied
Aliphatic Hydrocarbon Solvents and Thinners market is expected to grow during the forecast period owing to growing application in paints and coatings across the globe.
Asia-Pacific region dominated the market across the globe with the largest consumption from the countries such as China, India, Japan and ASEAN countries.
Key Market Trends
Growing Application in Paints & Coatings
- Aliphatic solvents are in the category of aliphatic compounds. Aliphatic solvents do not contain a benzene ring. They are mixtures of saturated, long straight chain (normal-paraffin), branched chain (iso-paraffin) or cyclic paraffins. These solvents are produced by the distillation of crude oil by the appropriate boiling point range fraction, and then are treated to improve their color and odor.
- The increasing buildings & construction sector is attributing to the growing application of aliphatic solvents as thinners and diluents in paints and coatings thereby increasing its market.
- In addition to the construction adhesives, paints and coatings optimized for the construction industry, processors also use these solvents as cleaning and degreasing agents
- It is estimated that in United Kingdom around 27,000 - 50,000 new homes are built year-over-year from 2018 which in turn increases scope for this market
- Growing demand for paints and coatings from automotive sector and other industries are in turn increasing the application of aliphatic hydrocarbon solvents and thinners
- Hence, growing application of paints & coatings in buildings & construction sector in countries like China, United Kingdom, United States, India, Japan are playing a major role in this market.
Asia-Pacific Region to Dominate the Market
- Asia-Pacific region is expected to dominate the market for aliphatic hydrocarbon solvents and thinners during the forecast period. Due to the high demand application from countries like China, India and Japan the market for aliphatic hydrocarbon solvents and thinners has been increasing.
- The largest producers of aliphatic hydrocarbon solvents and thinners are located in Asia-Pacific region. Some of the leading companies in the production of aliphatic hydrocarbon solvents and thinner are Royal Dutch Shell, Recochem Inc, Phillips 66, mg organics pvt. ltd
- In 2018, the Indian government has announced an investment worth USD 31,650 billion for the construction of 100 cities, under the smart cities plan. 100 smart cities and 500 cities are likely to invite investments worth INR 2 trillion (~USD 28.18 billion), over the coming five years creating scope for the application of aliphatic hydrocarbon solvents and thinners in paints and coatings.
- The Chinese government has rolled out massive construction plans, including making provisions for the movement of 250 million people to its new megacities, over the next ten years creating a major scope for construction activity thereby increasing the market for aliphatic hydrocarbon solvents and thinners over the coming years.
- Apart from paints & coatings these aliphatic hydrocarbon solvents and thinners are also used in adhesives & sealants, in rubber manufacturing and others which have multiple application in various end-user industries like automotive and others
- In automotive industry apart from paints and coatings these aliphatic hydrocarbon solvents and thinners are used as cleansers and degreasing agents
- The aforementioned factors coupled with government support are contributing to the increasing demand for aliphatic hydrocarbon solvents and thinners market during the forecast period (2020-2025).
The global aliphatic hydrocarbon solvents and thinners market is partially fragmented with players accounting for a marginal share of the market. Few companies include are Royal Dutch Shell, Hunt Refining Company, Recochem Inc, Phillips 66, Gadiv Petrochemical Industries Ltd
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
This product will be delivered within 2 business days.
Table of Contents
1.2 Scope of the Study
4.1.1 Increasing Application in Paints & Coatings as Diluents and Thinners
4.1.2 Growing Demand Owing to their Wide Range of Applications
4.2.1 Stringent Environmental Regulations
4.2.2 Other Restraints
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5.1.3 Mineral Spirits
5.2.1 Paints & Coatings
5.2.3 Cleaning & Degreasing
5.2.4 Rubber Manufacturing
18.104.22.168 South Korea
22.214.171.124 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.2 North America
126.96.36.199 United States
188.8.131.52 United Kingdom
184.108.40.206 Rest of Europe
5.3.4 South America
220.127.116.11 Rest of South America
5.3.5 Middle-East and Africa
18.104.22.168 Saudi Arabia
22.214.171.124 South Africa
126.96.36.199 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6.2 Market Share/Ranking Analysis**
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 BASF SE
6.4.2 Brenntag Canada, Inc.
6.4.3 Calumet Specialty Products Partners, L.P
6.4.4 Exxon Mobil Corporation
6.4.5 Gadiv Petrochemical Industries Ltd
6.4.6 Honeywell International Inc.
6.4.7 Hunt Refining Company
6.4.8 mg organics pvt. ltd
6.4.9 Phillips 66
6.4.10 Recochem Inc
6.4.11 Royal Dutch Shell
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- BASF SE
- Brenntag Canada, Inc.
- Calumet Specialty Products Partners, L.P
- Exxon Mobil Corporation
- Gadiv Petrochemical Industries Ltd
- Honeywell International Inc.
- Hunt Refining Company
- mg organics pvt. ltd
- Phillips 66
- Recochem Inc
- Royal Dutch Shell