The global market for aerosol refrigerants is expected to grow at a CAGR of about 4% , during the forecast period. Major factor driving the market studied is rising need for refrigerators, air conditioners, and chillers. On the flip side, HFCs being potent greenhouse gases with high global warming potential (GWP) and long lifetimes, is hindering the growth of the market.
- Urbanization & commercialization of countries in the Asia-Pacific and Africa region is expected to offer various opportunities for the growth of the market.
- Asia-Pacific dominated the market across the world, owing to the rapidly growing construction and automotive industries.
Key Market Trends
Rising Need for Refrigerators, Air conditioners, and Chillers
- Refrigerants are used in a wide range of heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration (HVAC&R) applications.
- The global HVAC Equipment market is expected to grow at a CAGR of about 6% over the forecast period. Heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems are finding widespread adoption across various regions, due to the multiple advantages they offer, most notably power-saving techniques. Major factors driving the market for HVAC equipment in the region include an increase in new households, rising average construction spending, rapid urbanization, and growth in disposable income across several major economies.
- The rising requirement from the commercial segment and high demand for HVAC products in the Asia-Pacific region are the other key drivers of the Aerosol Refrigerants Market.
- HFCs, being potent greenhouse gases with high global warming potential (GWP) and long lifetimes, they face international replacement by either hydrofluoroolefins (HFOs) or “natural” refrigerants under the October 2016 Kigali Amendment to the Montreal Protocol. Recognizing this concern, the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) announced a run of cuts to hydrofluorocarbons (HFCs) such as HFC-404a, HFC-134a, and HFC-410a and HFC-407c. Under the rules, new chillers would no longer be produced using these refrigerants after January 1, 2024.
- Hence, these regulations would hamper the growth of the market studied during the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific Region to Dominate the Market
- Asia-Pacific region is expected to account for the largest market for aerosol refrigerants, during the forecast period.
- China is one of the fastest growing economies worldwide and almost all the end-user industries have been experiencing significant growth, owing to the rising population, living standards, and per capita income. However, owing to the international trade turbulences, unfavorable geopolitical affairs, and the COVID-19 impact, the growth rate is expected to slow down in the initial years of the forecast period. But the growth is expected to speed up in the later part of forecast period, considering the favorable conditions in the future.
- Chinese consumers are increasingly purchasing health and wellness food products, including organics foods that require cold storages, including peas, corn, etc. Packaged frozen foods are also increasingly becoming popular, especially dairy, baby food, and confectionary products.
- Many consumers in China are considering refrigeration appliances as household necessities, owing to increasing usage of ready-to-eat packed food, which paves the way for appliances, to penetrate the market. The scenario further strengthens the growth of the Chinese refrigeration market.
- India is also a major economy, contributing to the aerosol refrigerant market. Due to rapid urbanization and rising living standards, the choices and preferences of an individual are changing. These are resulting in broadening of all major sectors of Indian economy, leading to higher growth prospects in the country.
- Hence, Asia-Pacific is likely to dominate the Aerosol Refrigerants Market during the forecast period.
The global aerosol refrigerants market is partially consolidated, with a few major players dominating a significant portion of the market. The major companies of the market studied include Arkema Group, Groupe Gazechim, Honeywell International Inc., The Chemours Company, and DAIKIN INDUSTRIES, Ltd., among others.
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
This product will be delivered within 2 business days.
Table of Contents
1.2 Scope of Study
4.1.1 Rising Need for Refrigerators, Air Conditioners, and Chillers
4.1.2 Other Drivers
4.2.1 HFCs as Potent Greenhouse Gases with High Global Warming Potential (GWP)
4.2.2 Other Restraints
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Porters Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining power of Buyers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
4.5 Regulatory Policies
5.2 End-user Industry
188.8.131.52 South Korea
184.108.40.206 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.2 North America
220.127.116.11 United States
18.104.22.168 United Kingdom
22.214.171.124 Rest of Europe
5.3.4 South America
126.96.36.199 Rest of South America
5.3.5 Middle-East and Africa
188.8.131.52 Saudi Arabia
184.108.40.206 South Africa
220.127.116.11 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6.2 Market Share/Ranking Analysis**
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 Arkema Group
6.4.2 Baltic Refrigeration Group
6.4.3 DAIKIN INDUSTRIES, Ltd.
6.4.4 Dongyue Group
6.4.5 Navin Fluorine International Ltd
6.4.6 SINOCHEM GROUP CO., LTD.
6.4.7 Groupe Gazechim
6.4.8 The Chemours Company
6.4.9 SRF Limited
6.4.11 Honeywell International Inc.
7.2 Other Opportunities
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Arkema Group
- Baltic Refrigeration Group
- DAIKIN INDUSTRIES, Ltd.
- Dongyue Group
- Navin Fluorine International Ltd
- SINOCHEM GROUP CO., LTD.
- Groupe Gazechim
- The Chemours Company
- SRF Limited
- Honeywell International Inc.